Star Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by MagicalBoy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. There are six movies, two continuities worth of EU, and until now there wasn't a fan thread for it. So yeah, what's your favorite movie? Book? Game? Favorite piece of Star Wars media I am totally forgetting?

For me I have a soft spot in my heart for the prequel trilogy, especially Episode I. I was something like five years old when it came out so I always get super nostalgic about it faults and all.

• Like x 3
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I really liked the series by Timothy Zahn - I'm blanking on the name, but it's the one with Thrawn and Mara Jade.

Actually I used to know all sorts of things about the expanded universe but now I don't. Hm.

• Like x 1
  3. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

*SCREECHES EXCITEDLY ABOUT UPCOMING SW:TOR PATCH*
    *cough*
    Erm. Yes. That.

• Like x 1
  4. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Return of the Jedi is my favourite, hands down. Absolutely nothing can beat the sight of a bunch of teddy bears kicking the crap out of Storm Troopers, I'm sorry.

My parents are fans so we watched Episode IV on Labor Day every year while I was growing up. I was ten or twelve when Episode I came out and thought it was pretty awesome, then didn't think much of II and III. But my little sister's been raving about them so much that I kind of want to watch them again and see if I missed something good. I need to rewatch them all before VII comes out, anyway.

Everything I know about the EU comes from reading fanfiction and like one graphic novel featuring Mara Jade. And occasionally consulting Wookiepedia to find out who all these people are and why it seems like I'm supposed to know them, haha.

• Like x 3
  5. Aviari

I have multiples of each class. I have a problem. My main is a Sage, second is a 'Slinger, favorite story is probably BH.

6. Aviari

I have a Shadow tank, but I definitely prefer the ranged aspect. I have two Sages, and two Inquisitors: a DPS and Healer on each side :3

7. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I love everything.

Hah, ok, I haven't consumed everything, but as a slightly smaller person I read every EU book my local library had. (Until I got to NJO and it became too depressing.)

I think the prequels have their flaws but they're nowhere near as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be...some of it might be that they came out when I was in middle school, but *shrug*

I love the (3D) Clone Wars TV series as well. I haven't seen any of Star Wars Rebels yet because I was so bummed about how CW ended. I do want to watch it eventually.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

MANDOS MANDOS MANDOS MANDOS. I guess there is other cool shit in Star Wars but really I am here just for clones, Fetts, and the wonders of the Mando'ade.

*cries manly tears about the Omega and Delta boys*

• Like x 1
  9. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Yeah, I just...i get why it ended so abruptly (bc of outside factors) but it still sucks...and while I liked

the way Ahsoka got out, opening up possibilities for her future while also giving Anakin MORE SHIT to go darkside over...I hated how they used Barriss to do it. It just didn't feel like her AT ALL and I'm kinda tired of the "you're either good or evil there's no grey area" thing. I just wanted her and Ahsoka to run away and be girlfriends together... *coughs*

Also Ahsoka's Rebels redesign is a bit weird to me, her face just doesn't read as the same person, idk. But i like her outfit.

oh my god I have so many Clone Feelings.

10. Aviari

KNIGHTS OF THE FALLEN EMPIRE LAUNCH!!!!!!

11. Aondeug

I likely won't be able to see it for a while. Whoo. I've got a bunch of completely non-canon books to be reading anyway. Watching Darman and Etain be cute together is painful. I am so happy because yes that is my ship look at them go yes happy loving couple. BUT THEN I REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS TO ETAIN AND EVERYTHING IS PAIN. ALSO I REMEMBER THAT THE IMPERIAL COMMANDO SEQUEL WHERE DARMAN GOES ALL BANDIT AND GETS HIS KID BACK AND REJOINS THE CLAN WAS NEVER WRITTEN. And never will be.

It was written in my heart though.

• Like x 1
  12. Aviari

I've managed to content myself with SW:tOR's expansion thus far, dunno when I'll be able to see the new movie :(

I would climb Theron Shan like a tree holy hell. *fans self*

13. Aondeug

I also started watching the Clone Wars. Which is ok so far. It isn't shit like the fucking movie was thankfully. Something in me goes NO THOSE ARE TINNIES YOU DI'KUUTLA FUCKS at every mention of clankers though. Eventually my mind will settle and accept this. Eventually.

14. Aondeug

Watching it in episode order. Wasn't even aware there was a chronology thing to keep in mind.

15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I came out of the theater pretty damn content.

Okay, so I saw the movie tonight! I was genuinely pleased with it. A couple of "no, just, no" moments, but overall pleased with the number of explosions, of smugglers with good hearts, of the cruel criminals and Lawful Evil Douchebags who got shot so they wouldn't hurt nicer people.

Also genuinely fond of the stormtrooper who abruptly snapped out of it, the guy he mutually rescued, and the girl he met in the journey of

The main three have this nice remix of the original three. The big person in the resistance, the person desperate to get to safety, and the person from the desert world who wants to make a difference by getting the droid with the important schematics to the resistance.

Except the resistance person is the bigshot pilot, and the desperate person is an ex-stormtrooper who literally just defected, and the desert person is the lass with the major fucking temper and the willingness to bash people over the head or shoot them if need be.

Poe (the pilot) and FN/Finn (the ex-stormtrooper) had a great broship going, until they crashed, and that was p damn sad.

Finn and Ray had a rocky start due to tugging each other around and seemingly disrespecting each others' strengths, but they worked through that in the time it took them to shoot down the two tie fighters, and then they were practically jumping with joy and talking over each other in their excitement.

And then we discover that Poe didn't die, and him and Finn are so god damn happy to see each other.

I kinda wanna write Finn <3 Poe and Finn <> Ray.

Also, god damn it, who the hell was Ray's family? Because she looks way too much like Shmi and Amidala, and tbh she and... Ben? Mr. VaderJrWannabe, who even grew Anakin's grumpy knight hair? those two had some weirdly similar vibe going on. But I think if Han and Leia had misplaced another kid they would've mentioned it... unless, unless, they assumed the other kid was dead. But then I think VaderJr would've mentioned it. So who the hell is her family? Or is it genuinely a none-element....... for now.

Also, the holographic current Sith Lord did not look like JarJar. I know, I'm sad too.

• Like x 4
  16. Aondeug

On the last hundred pages or so of Triple Zero. Everyone just had their fuck yeah let's rock and roll moment. Oh god clan Skirata (and Vau and his boys). OH GOD.

ETAIN YOU SWEET PRECIOUS THING WHY DO YOU DIE.

17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

SCREAMING SO I JUST SAW THE FORCE AWAKENS
    I totally called Ren/Ben being Han and Leia's kid, as well as Han's death. I now have way too many ships, because Kylo Ren <3< any of the three main characters is totally my main kismesis ship for a while. And then Finn <3 Poe but also Finn <3 Rey but then what about <> for either and I feel like this is just gonna end with poly piles, so many. I don't even care if Rey and Ben/Ren/Kylo/Whatever turn out to be related, then it's just incest foe yay instead of regular foe yay and I will still ship it.

• Like x 5
  18. Aondeug

Finished Triple Zero again. Cried. Read Omega Squad: Targets and almost cried again. I really want to read Anno Dracula next but I also want to read True Colors and then Order 66. But I know it will break my heart. Especially when I move on to the 501st.

On the one hand clever alternate history with Dracula themed around Jack the Ripper. On the other hand my lovely, lovely Mando boys who deserve to be happy. And Etain. Who did not deserve to become dead drama lady.

19. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

So glad quadrants exist for the sake of this movie because Finn<>Rey is very important to me and also Finn<>/<3Poe and lady Jedi eeeee and I was surprised by how not-mad I was about Han's death. Partially because I went into the scene like "Okay, one or both of them is gonna die here and either way it's gonna be sad." *popcorn*

• Like x 8
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

For real when Han went down to face him I was like oh no

And then I remembered VaderJr going "gosh I wish I could just kill all this longing for the light side in me"

so when he started going "I feel so conflicted, dad will you help" and Han's like "yes, I'll do anything" I shrieked a little because god damn it was clear what was about to happen

I also want to say: THE FUCKING MAP PUZZLE PIECE THING WAS SO GOD DAMN STUPID I MEAN YES IT WAS DONE THAT WAY TO MAKE IT EASY FOR US TO SEE "OH YEP THAT SURE IS A MISSING PIECE THERE" BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU COULD'VE DONE SOMETHING LIKE HAVING THE MISSING PIECE CLARIFY DISTANCES OR SOMETHING I MEAN HOW THE ACTUAL SHIT AGJKHAGKJAHSDLGJKHASDLGJKHA

eta I want to repeat that I'm so damn proud of VaderJr (Ben/Kylo Ren) for growing Anakin hair in his quest to be more like Gramps. Honestly, what a great visual cue.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    • Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice