State of the forum/transparency/etc

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jul 10, 2015.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So, I don't have exact data, but I figured I might as well post a thing about moderation/admin/etc and how it's gone so far.

I've not-approved I think one or two registrations based on Suspicious Spam Things, like the IP address of the registration matching a list of known forum spammers. All other accounts have been approved, thus far.

No one has been banned from the forum.

A number of posts have been deleted. Some were from borderline meltdowns, some were by poster request. The number is probably under twenty, definitely under fifty.

Two users have, by their request, been forum-banned from Fine Imported Drama.

Two users have, by their request, been placed on full moderation.

For full moderation, I'd guess I've not-posted maybe five or ten posts, everything else has gone through so far as I know.

I think that's basically it. I am not sure what the forum has for stuff like "warnings" or whatever. For the most part, I think, everything's going pretty well.

• Like x 21
  2. Acey

Acey the poison you love

Can I just take this moment to say how proud I am of everyone here for the fact that things are going so well?

Seriously. This forum has been around for nearly five months, with pretty lax regulation the whole time. During those five months, I can think of maybe three instances tops where there were any real issues with Kintsugijin, and all of those issues were solved in fairly short order without anyone needing to be harshly disciplined. And that's been over the course of five goddamn months. I don't think I've ever been in a community that's been pretty consistently chill for so long, and definitely not one that seems like it'll stay that way.

What I'm saying is that this is legit the chillest community I've ever been in, and I'm so impressed and proud that all of us have been able to keep it that way.

I love you all. <3

• Like x 16
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

this really is a great place. as more and more of the people i enjoy talking to end up here, i spend less and less time on tumblr. :D

btw, if you're going for the complete list, there has also been one account deleted. because it was an rp account and the user decided they'd rather rp on a sub-account. the deleted account was less than an hour old and had not been used.

• Like x 3
  4. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Now im curious who the other person to request being banned from fid is. Sup ban-bro!

Thats for that again, @seebs. Its made my life a lot chiller. This is an awesome place and im grateful you run it.

5. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

I'm curious about the other person under moderation.

6. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

I am now actively trying to get people I know on tumblr to join kintsugi for this very reason. I have like...4 people who I have no real other way to contact who basically keep me on tumblr
    (but, i mean, there are cool things there, I'm just getting sick of it. and I realized that the skinnerboxing there makes me waste time so much)

But seriously, I love this community. I'm pretty sure that I make a post like every month or so that is basically "omg i love this place and you guys are awesome *insert extended metaphor* *insert worrying about how being cheesy will make me not cool*"

...that said omg i love this place & you guys are awesome like it's like how when there are way too many people in the mall and you just had to try on a bunch of clothes for a job you hate and then you see a tiny bookstore in the mall and everything is quiet and books. man now i probably sound like a giant cheeseball. so uncool.

• Like x 11
  7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

kijikun's also moderated, by her request due to meltdowns. There was a thread about it I think. I don't remember who the other person is with a forum ban from FID.

8. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

While we're here, state of the Skypechats:

Main Chat: 45 users
    After Dark: 32 users
    NSFW: 21 users

I'm legitimately a little worried that main chat will eventually hit conversation-participants-cap, I think it's at like 80 or something.

9. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

I sure love how even though I asked in the complaints department circular file thread when people were talking about the skype chat (couldn't ask in the main skype chat thread because somebody thought it would be such a brilliant idea to put such a thread in a public area because surely nobody's skype name would be their real name!!! Unthinkable!!!) nobody ever invited me so I'm missing out on important parts of the community. Why the fucking fuck. Do you guys just not like me?

10. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

@Lissiel it is me. I was having a bad week and I really needed to focus on the whole moving thing that is happening in a week(omg moving!!!). I may or may not ask to be unbanned later when there aren't quite so many things I need to be doing. Who knows. It's actually been super chill since I noped out.

I feel so forgotten, Seebs ;~;

• Like x 1
  11. Key

Key never make a triangle

I thought I remembered my Ultima Online guild's skype chat having over 80 members at one point... I didn't realize it had a limit, I may be remembering wrong. =\

Maybe your post got missed? I don't remember seeing that and I try to keep up with the CDCF. My skype name is canna-chan, if you add me I'll invite you to the group.

12. Acey

Acey the poison you love

Oh shit, @BPD anon, I keep meaning to add you and I keep forgetting! I'll do that right now.

• Like x 1
  13. Starcrossedsky

There's definitely some kind of limit, I just can't remember what it is. I ran into it once as a part of a Homestuck chat, during the early act 6 heyday.

14. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

The Skype help page (for Windows Desktop version, anyway) says that the current max for group IMs is at 300.

Worse comes to worse, it looks like it'd be fairly easy to set up an IRC channel on Mibbit.

• Like x 1
  15. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

I sort of like the idea of a Mibbit IRC, actually. One of the reasons I'm not on any skype chats is that I use skype for work communication, so I use my full legal name on it and I'd rather not share that with the internet (even though Kintsugi is a lovely bit of internet). Though I'd still lurk a lot on IRC, too, instead of actively participating, since I seem to be that kind of person.

• Like x 3
  16. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Yeah irc channels are easy to set up. I just use Skype because I am on it more often due to being phone bound like 80% of the time.

17. Starcrossedsky

I hate IIRC for various brain related reasons so.

18. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I met my partner of 20 years on efnet IRC, so I have some fondness for it :D

• Like x 1
  19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

• Like x 3
  20. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

I personally prefer IRC because Skype is a glitchy awful resource hog on my poor, suffering macbook, but since I have not actually been invited to the skype chat anyway i'm not sure my opinion holds any weight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice