Status Shenanigans!

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by swirlingflight, Feb 24, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

You know the box on the main page that isn't a chat box, but kind of looks like one? All our personal status updates go there. Awesome for saying "hey, I'm here." But wait, there's more!

We can ping people @username in there!

And, the most recent and exciting discovery, we can comment to a given status instead of making a new one!

Click on the ... in a stays box and we get that option! It's a lot like the formatting of Facebook or Plurk posts. I'm not yet sure when we get notifs about them, but I'll keep an eye out.

*Edit* UPDATE! The option to comment is only available on some status updates, not others. Will keep you informed if I suss out the reason.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    • Like x 1
  2. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

It's one of the privacy options, I think. "People who may post messages on your profile page"

3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Aha! That would do it, thank you.

4. Acey

Acey no foot tall against the wall

On that note, does anyone else think a dedicated chatbox thing (like, an actual chat) would be useful? Because I think it could come in really handy.

• Like x 5
  5. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

I think it would be yeah.
    seeing a forum growing is fascinating.

• Like x 1
  6. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Seconded, though I'd prefer something closer to a shoutbox. I kind of like things with delays, or that I can constantly pop in/out of without losing context because sometimes I close my window/tab on accident and not notice for an hour, or wander off.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice