Steve Rogers, CAPTAIN AMERICA & Hydra agent all along

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Insomniac, May 25, 2016.

1. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

A friend of mine in another forum posted this the other day. It seemed potentially relevant, though I don't avidly follow the comics.

Warning, possible spoilers.

• Like x 3
  2. Ben

Ben Not entirely unlike a dragon

Yeah, needless to say, I'm thouroughly disgusted. At least the grown man who confronted me in Sears yesterday (I was wearing a cap. tshirt. His wife had dragged him into buying a washing machine at 8 at night. The poor guy was clearly in despiration) was also upset about hte same thing.... until he launched right into "how DARE they make captain america GAY, why are they PANDERING to SOCIAL JUSTICE"

...now, if you want a thoughtful and mature comic that isn't grimdark, with a hero who sees the good in others even in the worst situations, I recommend pretty much any print incarnation of Daredevil. (Skip the issues of the Mark Waid run after middle of last summer though, they got sucked into a really stupid mess that feels like corporate is hedging on hitting the Grande Reset button...)

• Like x 2
  3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

saw this on my FB

• Like x 4
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I got at least one reblog on the list that said "Marvel is Hydra." But I like the specificity on this version. :::PPP

• Like x 3
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Like x 3
  6. Insomniac

Insomniac tired

• Like x 2
  7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Stan Lee go back to your pit of cameos in films and being hated by Jack Kirby from beyond the grave.

• Like x 2
  8. Aondeug

Movie Fury is one of the things I really love about the films. God bless Nick Fury indeed.

• Like x 4
  9. Aondeug

WHAT. HE WASN'T?!

And oh. You're welcome. Honestly that dispute and how Kirby is largely ignored by people who aren't comic fans while Lee is a household name who gets all the credit are among the first things I think of when I think about Stan Lee. That and his voice overs in the one Spiderman game on the playstation. Which is. A strange thing to think of I feel.

• Like x 4
  10. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

I think I might remember that Spider-Man game - the one where everything's covered in fog and you fight the Scorpion when he tries to kill J. J. in some of the beginning missions (and I think Rhino/Venom are near the opener too)? I never knew that narration was Stan.

• Like x 1
  11. Aondeug

YES. THAT ONE. Rhino is like...the first or second boss if I recall. Carnage is the last boss I think? But yeah he did the narration. I loved that fucking game so much. Though the best part about it wasn't really perfected until Spider-Man 2. As in the movie game. God that was a great game for swinging around like an idiot.

• Like x 2
  12. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

AS AN ASHKENAZI JEW THIS GTHING FILLS ME WITH PURE FUCKUIN RAGE I AM SO ANGRY I WANT TO PUNCH THOIS SMARY ASS CORPORATE PANDEFREF NICK SPENCER IN HIS STUPID SMUG FACE HOW FUCKING DARE HE DO THIX. HOW FUCKING DARE HE. HOW DASRE HE USE THE VISCERAL FVEAR OF ME AND MINE THE TERROR AND SYUFFERING OF MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS AND MY GRANDMOTHER OF MY PEOPLE AND OF OTHER PEOPLES PEOPLE THE WORK OF TWO YOUNG JEWISH MEN THE SYMBOL OF HOPE UNITY AND GOODNERSS THAT IS CAPYTAIN AMERICA AND PERVCERT IT AS A FUCKING MARKETING PLOY. HOW DAER HE. THEY DIDN'T STOP TO THINK ONCE THEY COULD DO IT IF THEY SHOULD DO IT. THOSE... AAAAAAAAAAAARRGH!

• Like x 3
  13. Insomniac

Insomniac tired

@E.D.
    I didn't understand this kind of rage because, well, WWII for me was the Japanese. In fact I knew nothing about the Nazis and concentration camps until well past high school in the US during the 90s. For the longest time, I thought THAT European theatre of war was a completely different war than the ones the Japanese instigated. No one in Southeast Asia calls what the Japanese did WWII, so that probably didn't help. It was the end for us. And ALL of Asia at that point has been in an endless series of wars, skirmishes and the likes; we know war. But this was apocalyptic.

I kind of want to say understood a tiny bit, but I mean, people who weren't there can make all the comparison they want but the Holocaust is on a completely different level than what Pol Pot did to his own people in the 70s and onwards. Or the Rawandans in the 90s, hell, it's still going on today. I guess Captain America, for me, was personal because my father was a child soldier in WWII, with my brothers, all of them, were child soldiers in the 60s onwards, and I was born and raised in Pol Pot's genocide.

When American, Australian, French and various other European soldiers came to "help" *ugly laughter* after WWII, the Americans, especially, almost always came with 3 things everyone who's ever been in the armed forces or lived through an occupation recognizes: cigarettes, the Bible, and Captain America comics.

What I'm saying, sorry for the ramble, is this bullshit is not just about imaginary friends, but it actually affects real people who just want to go a day without being bitchslapped for shock value.

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 1
  14. Aondeug

I love Ditko so much and I am so pissed that his legacy has been pushed to the side because of Stan.

• Like x 1
  15. Aondeug

Gods we can only hope. I mean I'm not saying he didn't do some praise worthy shit because he has. But holy fuck the amount of inordinate praise he gets is infuriating. You'd think he invented comic book super heroes as a whole with the way he is talked about sometimes.

• Like x 2
  16. Aondeug

Edison was such a fuckass too. His business practices when combating Westinghouse and Tesla are disgusting on multiple levels. He was a shitlord to the film industry too, to the point where people moved to Hollywood in part to escape from him and his bullshit.

• Like x 7
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

so they're both basically like steve jobs, kicking poor steve wozniak into the shitter for the rest of history?

• Like x 3
  18. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

So, everyone's seen that messed up "Fandom is Broken" post going around, yes?

Well, Comics Alliance editor-in-chief Andrew Wheeler (an openly gay man and comic writer) has been...critiquing it. I say "critiquing," I mean "pointing out how confusing and hypocritical this is coming from a man who suicide baited a screenwriter over a bad movie." Dan Slott (current writer of Amazing Spider-Man), one of the many people who held the article up as an example along with Nick Spencer (writer of both Captain America ongoings), decided to post what I've seen described as an implication that Wheeler condones death threats, which was subsequently retweeted by Spencer, thus exposing Wheeler to massive amounts of harassment from their followers. The tweet has since been deleted but Wheeler seems quite shaken by it from his twitter. If anyone has an archive of the tweet for proof it'd be helpful.

This is really depressing. Marvel had been making such good moves lately, now this...

• Like x 5
  19. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

• Like x 8
  20. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

...you know i am certain i saw a post earlier where nick spencer posted a picture of chris READING the comic with the most nope-face. Ugh.

eta: FOUND IT

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    • Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice