Sticky-ing the "Rape, Sexual Assault and Harassment" thread?

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by wixbloom, Jul 14, 2016.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Hello, this is me asking if we could make the Rape, Sexual Assault and Harassment Survivors thread a sticky in ITA.

The thread is the oldest active thread in that subforum, going on since February 2015 and rarely leaving the front page anyway. It's become a small community of its own, and a source of mutual support and encouragement. I'm proud to say (as its creator and unnofficial-mod-sorta?) that in almost a year and a half of dealing with a very difficult topic we have had zero nastiness or drama. Not only that, the thread provides a space for way too many people who feel their situation is "not important enough" to warrant its own thread - and despite the fact that there's no such thing as "not important enough", minimizing abuse and rape is a component of trauma, and therefore the people who express these feelings are often the most vulnerable and thus most in need of support.

In view of that, here is why I would like to sticky it: today, someone posted in R, SA and H and said they were "ressurrecting" it, and it made me think that maybe, if the thread goes without posts for a few weeks, people who would really benefit from it might feel intimidated by "ressurrecting" it. Stickying it might help give people the feel that the thread is a permanent fixture and always available to help - which is exactly what I intend for it to be.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like x 7
  2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Seconding the motion.

• Like x 2
  3. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

I like this, this is a really good idea

• Like x 1
  4. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

I also would like this stickied please.

• Like x 1
  5. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

I don't post there but I know how active and useful it is, I think this would be a good idea.

• Like x 1
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i'm cool with it. @seebs any objection?

• Like x 1
  7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

In general, I don't like to sticky things that aren't forum-meta, but in this case, I think it's a good idea.

• Like x 3
  8. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice