Sub-accounts

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Nah, that's about what I wanted.

Fun facts: you can nest sub-accounts. Also, if you give a sub-account a password, you can log in as it directly, rather than logging in as your main account.
    Since email is disabled, though, there's currently no way to give a password to a sub-account that wasn't made with one (I dunno that this is a major problem, though)

@seebs can you ban definitelynotwiwaxia temporarily so I can see how it affects Wiwaxia and notdefinitelynotwiwaxia?

2. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Also, if I originally log in as notdefinitelynotwiwaxia I can use the login as user button to get to definitelynotwiwaxia, but not to get to Wiwaxia from there.
    Likewise, I don't think I can get to notdefinitelynotwiwaxia from Wiwaxia.
    I have no idea how useful any of this information is, but damn if it isn't fun to test.

#doing a science

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Like x 2
  3. Did I say science? I meant mad science.

If I log in as notdefinitelynotwiwaxia I can go up to definitelynotwiwaxia or down to stillnotwiwaxia, but if I log in as stillnotwiwaxia I can only go up to notdefinitelynotwiwaxia and not up from there.

wheeeee!

4. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I feel like your mad science is the answer to an uncrackable secret identity. You just nest enough identities that even if someone got ahold of one, the others would be a myster! It also reminds me of Inception. Is it safe to go deeper???

• Like x 3
  5. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

definitelynotwiwaxia is now banned for "killing us softly with their song"

• Like x 3
  6. Bans don't seem to effect either sub-accounts or super-accounts.

7. seebs

I think that is intentional.

Note: As an admin, I can track breadcrumbs across accounts. So I can see the parent account and sub accounts.

8. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

How?

9. seebs

Special features on admin control panel.

10. Wiwaxia

So I just noticed that if you click on someone else's subaccount name or avatar the little profile pop-up shows a "login as user" option. It takes you to an error page if it's not your sub-account, but it might still be giving more information than desired? I dunno how much of a problem this is, though.

11. Wiwaxia

Oh shit, @seebs, parent accounts appear to be visible to all members on sub-account pages.
    This should probably be rectified.

12. seebs

Fixed it! There was an upgrade to the subaccount thing and apparently they reinstated a template that I had changed.

13. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

subaccounts can send their parent accounts private messages and vice-versa. dunno if you already knew that, though.

• Like x 1
  14. The Shitposting Orb

The Shitposting Orb ALL HAIL THE SHITPOSTING ORB|18+

*hides me from tiddy analysis* what about trolls?

• Like x 3
  15. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I can't get into my subaccount "Clarissa Profit" and I sort of need her for the game?

16. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

• Like x 1
  17. cleverThylacine

@seebs I can't get into my Clarissa Profit sub-account and I need her for the game (not today, but eventually-soonish). I also accidentally made an extra Getheny Hargraeven sub (her name is spelled wrong and it has no posts) as a nested sub of cT's NPCs back when I actually thought that would work. Sorry about having a million subs, but I've ended up with every single one of the Pineses and the way the plot is going I expect most all of them to survive it so I'm using the cT's NPCs for one-shots and villains now... thanks!

If there's some kind of limit, deleting the extra Getheny account might help? idk.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  18. cleverThylacine

thanks!

19. Wiwaxia

Oh yeah, you can't go more than one step up or down with nested subaccounts.
    You need a separate password for the deeper nested ones. (or I suppose a password for the NPC's subaccount, so you can post as all it's sub-subaccounts and also as your main superaccount)
    So what you want seebs to do is technically a password reset, I think.

20. cleverThylacine

Not really, the nested account is the dupe that I want to get rid of.

My biggest problem is that I can't get into the newest account though. I thought at first that the creation didn't work but at the time Clarissa Profit was listed as the newest member, yet she doesn't show up in my accounts list and when I clicked on her name it wouldn't let me sign in as her. Clarissa Profit is a sub of cryptoThelematrix, all of the ones that I actually use are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice