Subforums

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Starcrossedsky, Feb 23, 2015.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Hmm. That might be doable with General Chatter as-is? I don't know. Try posting about a thing you did and see what happens?

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i think general chatter is getting a bit unmanageable, i second the proposal of making a section for intro threads so intros/general don't push each other into the back pages.

3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

So what would happen to the already posted Intro threads? Can they be moved?

4. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

mod accounts on these kinds of things almost always have the ability to move things, yeah

5. unknownanonymous

Good. I hope it's not much of a hassle for them, though.

6. seebs

Moved them, left redirect links that should disappear in an hour or so.

I may not have found them all, but it'll be easier now.

• Like x 2
  7. unknownanonymous

That was a fast move. :D

8. albedo

albedo metasperg

How about making a Fandom Sperging board, as discussed over in the "Bookclub?" thread? I think it would be useful to have a separate section so there can be more organization - e.g., organizing a bookclub - and so threads will be a little less likely to get lost in the shuffle. If folks have strong feelings about adding more subboards, this is clearly doable in the 'general chatter' board, though.

• Like x 1
  9. seebs

I've seen a lot of new forums sorta implode when they don't have enough traffic for their forums once the initial rush dies down, so. I am inclined to sort of favor letting General Chatter get cluttered, and then seeing whether there's enough stuff to justify moving things.

• Like x 3
  10. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Personally, I think we should let that sit for a few days, see how genchat looks without all the introduction threads.
    And hey, if people make a bunch of fandom sperging threads and we decide they need their own subforum, they can all just get moved over.

• Like x 1
  11. albedo

albedo metasperg

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks!

12. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Benefit of leaving it as is, we don't need to differentiate fandom enthusiasm from other interests. Especially since the Writing Thread is going back and forth between original and fan works.

• Like x 4
  13. albedo

albedo metasperg

Yep, sounds fair. \o/

Goodness sake, this forum moves quickly, though. I don't know how you were keeping up with your inbox, Seebs.

14. seebs

This is a lot faster than my inbox was. But I was up to maybe 30-50 messages some days, and tumblr's UI is horrible, so here we are.

• Like x 1
  15. albedo

albedo metasperg

It's very fun, anyway, so hopefully it works out.

16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

And it scales easier than your Tumblr askbox too. In that other people can help running things if you get overwhelmed.

• Like x 1
  17. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

The other thing about subforums is that they measurably gatekeep. The more things you have to click on to locate something, the less likely it is that people will see it.

Unless y'all just meant like, "General Chatter" and "Fiction Discussion" as two separate same-level fora, in which case, nevermind.

18. albedo

albedo metasperg

Yeah, I believe that's what was intended. Definitely good to keep in mind, though.

19. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

where would a topic about body issues belong?

20. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

That depends. Is it gender related? I would start in xx/xy. If not, are you looking for advice? Go with the general advice forum. That's where I'd start. If it feels very much a brain thing, you can do braiiins, but if all else fails, general should be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice