Subforums

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Starcrossedsky, Feb 23, 2015.

1. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

Hmm. I am wondering if we might have some subforums for Age Groups too? Maybe "Go here for advice during high school" and "go here for advice during college"...?
    Understandable if not, though.

2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I think I'd prefer to avoid those, partially because I'm not big on subforums, partially because age forums tend to make people start saying "hey what are you doing in this forum". And there is nothing in this world so hilariously bad as a teenager-only advice forum for teenagers. (No offense to the teens, but there is a lot of benefit to having a few older people around sometimes.)

• Like x 2
  3. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

I kind of figured that about halfway through that one.

Although - point - an age group only subforum would suck, but a subforum centered around that age group, where other age groups could drop in and go "oh nah bro, i did this when i was your age" might be better

it would still have that issue of the "hey what are you doing here" though

4. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Off topic but I love the subforum names. Every time I see "Fine Imported Drama" I picture some snooty person with a glass of wine going "Here we have only the finest imported drama from the internets"

• Like x 5
  5. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

*gasp*
    me too!

• Like x 1
  6. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

as a teen i concur with this.

• Like x 1
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Another thing about not having advice age sorted is that people won´t come at it with learned age stereotypes already in place.

• Like x 2
  8. mrozna

mrozna bloodthirsty hussar fuck

Just an idea, but maybe we could get a subforum for art and other crafty things? I know some people here like to show off nice stuff they're currently working on (I sure do), so having a place for that might be cool?

• Like x 1
  9. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I think the default answer is: start a couple of threads in General Chatter, and if it starts becoming a significant load, we can split it out?

10. mrozna

mrozna bloodthirsty hussar fuck

Sounds good to me! I'll get right on it... after I get some sleep, that is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice