suggestion: rename argument island

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Aug 19, 2016.

1. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

[​IMG]

• Like x 10
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

The first guideline of Kintsugi is while you are in fact allowed to talk about Kintsugi, please take into consideration that there are many members here who for various reasons would much prefer that you not talk about Kintsugi any more than necessary, so that extra effort to not talk about Kintsugi would be appreciated. But as this is a guideline and not a hard and fast rule because we don't have those, this will not be enforced.

[five paragraphs later]

So anyway, please don't talk about Kintsugi if you don't feel it to be sufficiently necessary.

The second guideline of Kintsugi is...

• Like x 36
  3. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

I just want to comment that I like the rename, the old one always felt just slightly like someone was talking about me and spelling my name wrong.

• Like x 5
  4. hanka

hanka the sweetest double agent

this is the most ruthless drag of @seebs i have ever seen in my life, you made tea come out my nose.

• Like x 24
  5. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I thought it was sorta flattering.

• Like x 21
  6. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I meant it out of love and respect and also because the main difference between @seebs' and my natural writing styles is that I am generally less considerate of my readers' potential reactions.
    No one has ever accused me of being pithy.

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice