NSFW Summoning Abominations for Fun and Profit

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Asher Lachance, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

"hmm" He watched her for a moment. "It's... not entirely unexpected. There are workarounds." Urgh. "Please stay here and don't touch anything. We're going to try something to see if we can freshen up the memory a little."

Matt stood and went to leave the door, only to almost collide with a seemingly floating tea tray. "oh sorry. Ah Lily, help yourself to the tea, I'll be right back"

The tray floated over and was set down on a cabinet, then two cups of tea seemingly poured themselves. It smelled light and lemony. In the shadow in corner, the faintest outline of a humanoid shape was visible during the pour.

Outside, Matt was busy. When he came back, he held a clay bowl, a hand full of herbs, some stone and...medical equipment? Yes. A lancet and bandaging material. "We're going to try a scry. This should be fairly easy, because we're scrying backwards in tine, everything already happened. So we don't gotta handle variables or anything, just, straight up what happened. There might be interference still, but it's worth trying."

2. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily picked up a cup of tea, taking a careful sip. It wasn't as gross as she'd expected, nothing like the tea Asher served, but still...coffee was better. She looked at the shadow in the corner.

"Thank...you?" Was it ridiculous to talk to a ghost? She kind of felt ridiculous, but--better than being an asshole, right? Not like she hadn't done dumb shit before.

When Matt came back in, her eyes lingered on the lancet and bandages. That was nothing if not ominous. Lily forced her eyes upwards, to his face, and raised her eyebrows. "Interference?"

3. Matthias

The ghost inclined their head to Lily and floated straight through the wall.

"Outside magic's bad for human minds. Most minds, really. So the brain tries to protect itself by forgetting the Details. That's why we scry, instead of doing something ill-advised like hyponosis."
    He sat all this things down. "Alright, have you seen this done before, or do you know what a scry is?"

4. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Hypnosis...yeah, no, she’d rather get stabbed.

“I know what scrying is, but I’ve never done it before.” Unless you counted her and Asher fucking around with a ‘cauldron’ and pretending to see the future in it when they were kids. And somehow she felt that didn’t apply, here. They certainly hadn’t been using blood—more like various tubes of things they’d found in the bathroom and dumped into a plastic bowl.

• Agree x 1
  5. Matthias

"Okay, so this is going to be a little different. Necromantic scrys only work into the past." He put the bowl down, tore up the herbs and poured more of that strangely icy water over it. Somehow it still made the room smell intensely like mint and rosemary. "Now, we need to see your past, not mine, so I need a drop of your blood instead."

6. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily grimaced, but held out her hand all the same. It was only a drop, after all.

7. Matthias

It really was. He pressed the Lancet tip in enough to get a drop and let it fall into the water, then immediately patched her up via bandaid, and added his own blood with a fresh blade.
    The surface of the water shimmered and froze, the shapes of the herbs and blood underneath moving oddly. "Alright. I want you to focus on the last thing before the summoning that you remember clearly."

8. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Watching Matt cut himself with a knife was honestly more flinch-worthy than getting pricked was. Even if he healed up right after.

Lily closed her eyes and thought back to the night of the summoning. “I think it’s when...Asher and I were talking shit at each other, while setting the circle up.”

9. Matthias

Matt himself was entirely unfazed by it, but then again he had ample practice at hurting himself to make the magic go.
    "Good, think of that, hold it in your mind. Then try to look at this" He tapped a nail against the ice, "And see...past it. Unfocus your eyes and let it come back to you, what you said, what you did, how the chalk felt in your hands."

10. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily looked at the ice, thinking about right before the summoning and trying to unfocus her eyes. This was like the whole meditation thing all over again. She really needed to get better at this kind of shit.

The chalk in her hand had felt, well, chalky, and it tended to catch on the little bumps between the floorboards. It had taken fucking forever getting it right, and Asher had been predictably snippy about it.

Lily remembered arguing back-and-forth with him about whether or not they needed to draw the whole circle with all its various intricacies. She felt her hand dragging across the floor in a long arc, following the shape of a sigil illustrated in the book. She glanced over at it, double checking the worn pages to make sure she was doing it right.

11. Matthias

Matt watched the surface of the ice shimmer and move, the blurry image of herbs and frozen blood moving and resettling into a new shape, the circle on the floor, the sigils that Lily had drawn. This time he could see them. They were in the past, settled, because the past didn't change, it couldn't. So he could write them down now, that terrible, brainbreaking possibilities of them removed, and on the paper they couldn't get them back. Not warded as it was. Still, he didn't get all of them. Even with the scry, not everything was visible.

"Good, very good."

12. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

“Is that everything?” The more symbols that Matt wrote down, the foggier and more muddled the scry got. Not all of them, but a fair few were completely unintelligible.

Lily leaned over, looking at the paper. “So we can find them with this?”

13. Matthias

"Potentially. We can certainly use it to counteract some stuff. You can sort of reverse engineer it if you know what it was used for, and what kind of magic went through it. So if these are to attract Outside influence.... we can work up a reverse to repel it, keep it out. A superward, made from their own magic."

14. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily’s eyebrows shot up. That—huh. It followed logically, yeah, but it still wasn’t something she’d actually considered. Would it work on Asher? Would it hurt the thing attached to him?

Stupid questions. She should be glad they had this—she was glad.

“Well, that’s a start, at least.” She took a sip of her tea. It’d be nice to make someone pay for this shit, anyway, and finding things to use against these fucks brought her one step closer to that. It was good. “Like reversing the polarity on a magnet.”

15. Matthias

Magic was a lot more logical than people thought, once you understood the base principles.

"Yeah. We'll work something up and see if it does anything if applied to him. Nothing major, just some watercolor to see if it does anything at all. A tattoo can happen once we know that it does work. World's most occult tramp stamp." Or anywhere else, really, but something told him that 'occult tramp stamp' was very on brand for Asher. "Once he's warded we can...work on getting at the people who did this to him. To both of you, really." He leaned back to look at the paper, and the statue, still bound in water, and sipped his tea as well. They needed to destroy that thing before it did anything worse.

• Winner x 2
  16. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily burst out laughing, nearly aspirating tea in the process. Once she recovered, she cleared her throat and looked back at Matt. “Oh, man. Asher is going to fucking hate you. He freaked out when he got his ears pierced, if he has to get a tattoo he’s going to flip.”

She glanced at the statue, then back towards Matt. “Me? Because of the twins thing?” I don’t feel any different.”

17. Matthias

"oh man. Well he might have to, if we can't find another way to excise the thing. But really, my tattooist is very good, she'll have him done up in no time. I'll even hold his hand if I gotta." Maybe bring him a teddy bear, too.

"And yes because of the twin thing, but also... I'm aware that I've dumped a lot of things onto you at once. By necessity, but I know it must have been quite world-shaking to see that magic is real, and something you can utilize and how many unseen layers there are to the world. It can...unsettle people. And you don't have the luxury of just denying your talent until it withers."

18. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily composed herself, putting on a more somber expression. She set her teacup down and glanced around the room, at all the various magic and magic accessories.

"It's...hm." She didn't spend a lot of time thinking before she spoke, but maybe she could try just this once. "It's a lot, yeah, no shit. I don't want Asher hurt, that's...That's the worst thing I can fucking imagine. So I'm not handling that well, but the magic? It's honestly the best part of this whole disaster. It feels like I was missing a piece of myself, and now I have it back."

19. Matthias

Awww. Matt nodded along, Finger running over the rim of his own teacup. "I cannot promise that he won't get hurt in the future. Magic requires a price" he nods at the used lancets. "But i am trying to keep that harm to a minimum. I'm glad that the magic itself is a welcome part. It takes a lot of work to master, and i've been told that a lot of people deal... Not as well as you"

20. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily grimaced. “It is a lot to process.” She wanted some kind of safeguard, to guarantee Asher wouldn’t get hurt for her stupid fuckup. That wasn’t an option, but god, if she didn’t want to find some way to make it possible.

“But it’s not like I can go back to not knowing, right? It’s better to just...deal with shit, I think. As much as you can deal with something like this.” She shrugged, pushing her hair back out of her face. “What do people normally do?”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice