1. Got more to do, but reached a good stopping point and things seem to be working.
    Dismiss Notice

NSFW Summoning Abominations for Fun and Profit

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Asher Lachance, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily watched Bane change in size, eyes wide. She was a little hesitant to just...climb aboard, as though he might burn her if she got too close. Once she did lay a hand on him, though, and confirmed she wouldn't get scorched, she climbed onto his back with surprising agility, shifting to get comfortable. She looked down at Dynas, visibly struggling not to grin outright.

"So what do you look for, then?"

Glowfish, having dropped his glamour once they were in the car, flattened his fins against his face and grimaced. Asher leaned back in his seat, raising his voice nearly to a shout in order to be heard over the music. "I don't think it'll matter when we get there if we can't hear what he has to say!"

2. Dynas Miramar

Dynas Miramar 30% Bad Decisions By Volume

He grinned back up at her, grabbing a spine and swinging himself up in front. It would have looked really cool if he hadn't grabbed his rib with a sharp hiss of pain the moment he landed, and Bane huffed in dismay. "Be careful with yourself!"
    "Yeah, I know... ow." Dynas replied, a bit strained, but he settled himself comfortably and after a minute or so was breathing normally again. In the meantime, tendrils of smoke had gently wrapped themselves around both of their legs, anchoring them to Bane's back. "Fuck. Bane knows where Ari's place is, we might even beat 'em there with how London traffic is." He said, grabbing the spine in front of him as Bane carefully pushed himself to his feet and turned ot face the edge of the building, his wings unfurling with a billow of smoke that slowly paled from black to a dark grey that might be mistaken for a weird cloud.

3. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

Matt gave them a look via the rear-view mirror and then adjusted then adjusted the volume down. By two notches. It was still obnoxious loud, but hey, the car had a nice sound system and he was going to take advantage of it for not being told what he should or shouldn't be doing. Especially not by Mr.BadDecisions in the backseat.

4. Asher Lachance

Asher Lachance nice going dude you deactivated my charcoal

Lily gave Dynas a sharp look, even as her excitement was mounting. "Are you going to be okay to do this?" Maybe she should have helped him up.

Asher pouted at him, but accepted his fate. He could be mature about shit, even when Matt wasn't going to be. So there. And the way he shifted awkwardly around in his seat until he could pillow his head on Glowfish's chest was entirely unrelated to any of that; he definitely wasn't watching Matt's expression in the rear view mirror.

5. Dynas Miramar

He waved her off. "Yeha, I'll be fine. I've ridden him in way worse condition before 'n' been fine, 's pretty smooth once ya get in the air 'n' all the grip's in the legs." He explained.

Bane glanced over his shoulder at her, shaking out his wings as he approached the edge of the building. "Are you ready?"

6. Matthias

Matthias Death, dust, party, repeat

Matt wasn't paying the least bit of attention to them, focused on the road, bullshit london traffic, and the music. He was singing along to it, not that it was audible over the volume.

7. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily nodded after an instant of hesitation, her eagerness somewhat hampered by the state Dynas was in. "If you kill yourself I think Matt might bring you back just to kill you again. I'm ready."

8. Dynas Miramar

"Yeah, don't worry about that, I know exactly what he'll do ta me if I die in a stupid way." He chuckled, then grabbed on as Bane crouched and launched himself off the side of the building, dropping several feet before the wind caught him and carried him up into the sky, wings beating powerfully. The temperature dropped as they climbed, but it was like sitting on a warm radiator and Dynas seemed perfectly at home leaning over his neck to streamline things. "Okay back there?" He called over the wind

9. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily let out a loud whoop as they climbed higher into the sky, the city shrinking below them. This was infinitely better than an airplane or a car, even if she was glad she'd decided to bring a jacket.

"Yeah!" She called back, mimicking his posture. "This is amazing!"

10. Dynas Miramar

He grinned. "Ain't it just?" He called back as Bane banked into a turn, his wing skimming the bottom of a cloud. "We just gotta watch out fer aircraft 'n' we'll be golden. Maybe what, ten minutes?"
    "It's just as well we don't show up on radar, really. Too small, not solid enough."
    "Yeah. But people can still see us, so stay high 'n' we should be fine. 's gonna get dark soon anyway so we shoul dbe fine on the way back."

11. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily watched Bane skim the cloud with wide eyes, breathless for more reasons than the wind whipping at her face. It was hard to believe that she was riding a real, living dragon right now, the same dragon that just earlier had been little more than a wisp of smoke climbing Dynas' arm.

"Have planes been a problem before?"

12. Dynas Miramar

"Usually we're just fine, we keep fairly low and avoid the airports, but a close call with one of those is nearly a mile so... we've gotten close." Bane explained, since it was easier than Dynas yelling, especially with his injured rib.

The city below was like a patchwork laid out beneath them, and they headed out towards the edge where the buildings thinned out steadily.

13. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily nodded, though whether or not either of them could see her do so was dubious. She opted to watch the buildings as they soared over them in silence, marveling at how small everything seemed like this. It was exhilarating. It was nothing like looking out the window of an airplane. It might have been closest to a helicopter, maybe, but even that paled in comparison to this.

Cautiously, making certain that the smoke around her legs was holding tight, she slowly raised her arms above her head, feeling the cold wind as she spread her fingers out. She shouted into the sky, throwing her head back and closing her eyes.

14. Dynas Miramar

The smoke gave her legs a gentle, reassuring squeeze and Dynas laughed as he heard her yell. Oh yeah, he remembered that feeling, the euphoria of the first time you flew on a dragon. Even Bane joined in, his roar echoing through the empty sky, only held back enough that people on the ground wouldn't hear.

15. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily whooped again at the sound of Bane's roar, only stopping once she had to catch her breath. She patted Bane's sides, still marveling at just how warm he was. It was gorgeous up here, watching the sun starting its descent across the horizon.

"How often do you get to do this?" She asked, yelling over the sound of the wind.

16. Dynas Miramar

"Not as much as we'd like." Dynas said, as Bane began a steady descent towards the outskirts of London. "We gotta be careful not ta be seen, so we gotta wait 'til it starts gettin' dark or we can go out into the middle a nowhere. This was a risk, not gonna lie."

17. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily winced. "And magic doesn't work around Bane, so it's not like you could just put a glamour up to hide yourselves... How many dragon riders are around here?" She figured there couldn't be many, not if they were all as conspicuous as Bane and Dynas.

18. Dynas Miramar

"Round here, any given time? One or two at most. We sorta have loose territories we're responsible for; there's maybe a dozen of us in England, n a few of us have London as well as surroundin parts just coz it's huge n the population is so dense." He explained. "Ain't too many wild dragons either. Couple in the New Forest n the Lake District, one in Brighton that moved in when the put in the wind turbines, few up in Scotland... Romans got a lot ta answer for there."

19. Lily Lachance

Lily Lachance New Member

Lily held one hand out to feel the breeze as they descended. “That makes sense. England is a lot...denser than I’m used to, in general?”

She thought of the sprawling lawns around the houses where she’d grown up, some lots shielded from the street by trees so thick it felt almost like a moniature forest. And that had been in the suburbs. Flyover country was probably great for dragons, if there even were any in America.

20. Dynas Miramar

"Yeah? I've never been t'the states, but I s'pose ya got a lot more space over there." Dynas nodded thoughtfully. "Ya get used ta it. I prefer smaller towns, but London's got its perks." He couldn't hide a tiny, playful smile. Matt, of course, being one of those perks, though if he said that out loud he was certain it would sound horrendously soppy.

They circled down, coming to rest in a park as close to Ari's house as they dared, and Bane immediately shrunk down and hid up Dynas' shirt the moment it was safe for him to do so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice