Symptom list-LONG

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Alska, May 23, 2015.

1. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

-

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. Aya

Aya words words words

Seebs is the resident expert on ASD, so I'd defer to them on that facet of the situation. I can definitely see that as a thing that could be happening, though.

Some stuff here sounds like inattentive-type ADHD to me. Sensory weird can happen with both ADHD and autism, and people with ADHD sometimes have social deficits just due to not being able to notice social cues. I am not sure it would explain all the social weird you have going on, but it's possible, or it could even be a thing in addition to whatever else you have going on.

Anxiety and depression are far from rare in individuals with ADHD due to the various life consequences of the disorder. I think that some autistics experience high anxiety due to complex allistic social bullshit, as well. I feel pretty confident that you would meet the criteria for an anxiety disorder, probably generalized anxiety disorder.

I am not a professional, but I hope this helps.

3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

You definitely sound Pretty Autistic, to me. Some of the other stuff, a lot of people who are autistic (and/or ADHD) end up with basically PTSD-like responses to situations in which they often Inexplicably Did Very Badly And Now People Are Mad.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice