Technology nerdery

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Technicality, May 23, 2017.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Working thread title, feel free to add your suggestions.
    Anyway, a thread for talking about technology in all its minute detail!

• Like x 1
  2. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

Which stuff?
    Aiming lasers into people's eyes is my current thing, but it's ending soon (the device is about to go into production and my contract will end when it does).
    I has also worked on military simulation training stuff - simulate a scene using GeoData and plot the attack pattern, then overlay the video data from the actual event onto the simulation and see how good/bad the attack was done. I do not accept contracts of this type any more.

3. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I has done more fun stuff! Radar/sonar/GPS integration for finding fishes :D

4. Takoto

Takoto A tired cat-bird.

Not sure if this counts, but I recently got a job with a very well-known search engine company who also happens to produce a somewhat popular OS for mobile phones (not legally aloud to outright say who I work for but you get the idea), and I've been learning how to fix software and troubleshoot hardware and I've learned so much about smartphones the last few months that I had no idea about - I mean, I use a smartphone, but it's been an Iphone the last... eight years or so, so coming into the job I had no idea about "this particular OS". But oh man, the tiniest thing going wrong internally or software wise can cause havoc on seemingly unrelated processes, and I find it fascinating.

If I ever get a phone with that particular OS, I think I could fix it inside and out if anything were to go wrong lmfao

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice