test post

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by albedo, Mar 22, 2017.

1. albedo

albedo metasperg

For Seebs' benefit regarding post moderation testing.

2. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I need a test subject for the "warn" feature, which may put the subject on post moderation for a day.

I'll need them to post at least once so that I can confirm it worked. Any takers?

• Like x 1
  3. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  4. Beldaran

Alright! Tell me if this hurts. ;p

5. Technicality

Nothing yet...how do I tell when I'm on moderation?

6. Beldaran

7. Beldaran

How about now?

• Like x 1
  8. Technicality

"So, someone with fancy mod powers thinks it's important to slow things down and have your posts reviewed before they go up for a little bit. This is a temporary measure until an admin is around to discuss things. This is not a ban or a precursor to a ban, this is a temporary measure so that you can continue posting while we try to sort the problem out."
    I guess that's how I tell. It seems to have worked.

• Like x 1
  9. Beldaran

Okay, custom warnings calling you a "cool bean" don't work, but the "cool it" warning does.

10. Technicality

I guess I'm going to have to increase my beaniness before I can get that warning.

• Like x 6
  11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

m a x i m u m b e a n

• Like x 5
  12. Technicality

so does the postmod wear off? or does a mod need to remove it manually?

13. Beldaran

I'm pretty sure it wears off after a day, see your doctor administrator if moderation lasts longer than 24 hours. ;p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like x 2
  14. Beldaran

(@seebs can you free these people?)

• Like x 3
  15. Technicality

Interestingly, while I'm on postmod, I can't make profile posts. And also, going to kintsugi.seebs.net/account gives me an error. Dunno if it did that before.

• Like x 1
  16. Beldaran

Is that to do with making sub accounts? That might be why. I don't know what all the temp moderation stops you from doing.

17. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

It should prevent making subaccounts, it might also prevent using them, and it should also affect profile posts in some ways. The exact details are unclear to me.

The idea is, this is a temporary thing to use for cases where there's no admin around to make more-specific decisions, and it's intended to mitigate explosive behavior etc while waiting for there to be an admin around. So it's more restrictive than post moderation would usually be.

Also, if I have done the magic right, technicality should now be off post moderation.

My guess is that it actually switches over at board-time midnight (Central time, I think) rather than after 24 hours.

18. Technicality

Ah, so what would the difference between this and regular postmod be?
    e: also, yes, I am off moderation

19. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So far, when I've put users "on post moderation" I've just hand-set permissions on their accounts, and there's some variance because the goal is to reduce/mitigate temptations. The automatic post modding that mods can do without admin-level privileges defaults to relatively restrictive stuff, with a one-day timeout.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice