TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Petra

Petra space case

Sorry, Ratchet is married to Drift now.

• Informative x 1
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I've never had issues letting one ship I love get in the way of another, so I'm still more than good to go :p

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  3. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah to clarify I was joking.

There's some stuff that is too formative with the characters like Rewind/Chromedome but even then I'm into past Chromedome/Prowl and stuff.

I'm really hoping this upcoming end of continuity won't be too bad bc some of the phrasing... someone involved said it was 'basically a reboot' or something like that and like! I can handle that. Keep the characters, and most importantly keep the writers who are concerned with good worldbuilding please... I NEED me complicated autobots/decepticon morality... or i'll DIE*.

*Will not die, will be sad.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  4. spockandawe

I'm being lazy and quoting me straight from tumblr:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    • Winner x 9
  5. Petra

Petra space case

Okay but inside that shuttle let's also put Minimus Ambus, who is wearing at least two layers of bodies and probably more.

• Winner x 5
  6. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

You say 'walking talking matryoshka doll' but all i hear is 'mechanic turducken'

• Winner x 7
  7. spockandawe

So this is why Unicron is eyeing the planet and licking his lips....

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  8. TheOwlet

I mean if you're already Vore God, might as well aim for the biggest turducken you can find...

• Winner x 7
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

No.

10. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

[beast wars megs voice]
    HYEEEESSSSS.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  11. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

[​IMG]

• Agree x 9
  12. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

• Winner x 3
    • Useful x 1
  13. spockandawe

• Winner x 6
  14. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I’m mad you’ve got me shipping this pairing now, because your fics seem to be the only ones on ao3. How am I supposed to get my fix with nothing available?

• Witnessed x 2
  15. spockandawe

I'm also hurting myself in my confusion with this rarepair nonsense, I promise! XD I figure out a delicious ship, and then there's no content for the ship, so I guess I'd better buckle down and make it happen! Only then, I'm that much more fired up about the ship and tired from doing that work, and I just want to find another nice little fic that I can sit down and just read, and... nothing.

because i don't ever learn, my next wip is.... skywarp/ratchet........... so this one is really going to hurt me, i can already tell, hahaha

(eventual starclonus plans: the best somnophilia that money can buy. i need to drag them out of their own heads first, but this is going to be so cute, i can't even do it justice :3c)

• Witnessed x 6
  16. TheOwlet

Winneressed but also Spock have you considered buying one (1) self control for your rarepairs

(I'm one to talk, really...)

• Like x 4
  17. Petra

Petra space case

Thoughts: Arcee and Elita-1 in IDW continuity.

• Winner x 4
  18. spockandawe

Hey hey guys consider

Soundwave being nonverbal in the classic sense. He doesn't speak with his vocalizer and his mouth, like just about any other mech would do. He's a sound system, he fabricates the sounds himself and modulates them into words manually

Consider him speaking out loud to Ravage/Laserbeak/Buzzsaw when he was young and they found him on the streets, but then as he settled in, he started building up a bank of recorded audio that he could play, a la Bumblebee in bayverse

if you can't make your own words, store-bought is fine

And as he builds up a usable database of words, he starts using his vocalizer less and less until finally he manages to phase it out altogether. He could speak. But he really, really prefers it when he doesn't.

And past that!!! Courtesy of @coldstars, consider Megatron cannonballing into the middle of functionist society, talking about self-determinism and independence and the validity of choosing alternate paths through life than the one set out for you when you were constructed. He's totally at ease with Soundwave not talking the "right" way, that's the first unusual thing. But then he encourages Soundwave to use his own words instead of relying on other people's, to take advantage of all the nuance and shading that come when you break outside of an artificially-imposed structure (soundwave's database of records). Soundwave starts modulating his words from nothing on the fly, because no database could contain all the nuance ever, and he can still communicate without compromising his own not-speaking desires, but with all the freedom of expression that someone could have while using their normal voice.

(when he's stressed or angry or upset, he loses the emotional modulation first, then he starts to drop his linking verbs, knocking the language back down to its basic building blocks)

(I LOVE HIM SO MUCH I CAN'T HANDLE IT)

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 3
  19. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

And then compare it to the 1986 Movie Junkions talking via TV clips.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. spockandawe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice