The (approximate) plan for Kintsugi Round 2

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Mar 24, 2017.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Okay, so, I got a lot of feedback, and I've been processing that and thinking about it. There will be a notice pointing to this thread later.

The basic plan is:
    1. Announcement going up warning people of the upcoming events.
    2. New thread that has a super-brief "here's what's going on here" intro to the forum covering things like "lack of punitive enforcement" that people need to know, plus more detailed information about policy, practices, etcetera.
    3. Sometime around a week after item #1, a tweak to make existing login cookies invalid so people have to log in again.
    4. Login form will contain very short (sentence or two) summary of community expectations of how people should be trying to behave, with an indication that logging is in an acknowledgement of this.
    5. Everything in That's So Meta except the New User thread that will be created soonish will go into an archive subforum, so people can look at it but it's not flooding the TSM discussions.
    6. Couple of updates and tweaks in the general area of user themes, shiny new logo, etc.
    What this means for you: (1) Be sure you have your password, or know how to reach me if you don't or need it reset. (2) If you don't think you can deal with the site's stated goals, be sure you have ways to stay in touch with people you mostly know through here.

No, we're not banning people. But we will be a lot less inclined to put up with assertions that someone wasn't informed about the site's nature and goals.

As with pretty much everything else around here, this is open for discussion and feedback, requests for accommodation, etcetera. The goal here is not to punish people or drive them away, it's to do a better job of clearly communicating expectations about the community.

• Like x 12
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Would suggest keeping Housekeeping type threads like the name change thread, the bug report thread and such up unless you specifically want them restarted?

• Like x 2
  3. seebs

I'll probably move a few specific threads back. In practice, what I'm really doing is making a new forum, and then moving this forum to turn into a subforum of that, because that's easier than moving all the threads.

4. Xavius Emeritus

Xavius Emeritus Suit Monkey

I would suggest we keep Carcosa's BBCode guide in the new TSM. That's rather convenient information.

• Like x 3
  5. Petra

Petra space case

Thanks for the warning, Seebs!

• Like x 3
  6. seebs

Yeah. I want to get all the ducks in a row, but I have basically good wording that I can work with for things.

7. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Please give one day notice so we can have a Hukilau on Tiki Beach before the Great Reset.

• Like x 11
  8. seebs

At this point, the plan is specifically not to reset the rest of the forums, so the Group W thing will survive. But yeah, there should be a notice. I might try to make a fancy countdown or something. If I do, I'll probably end up being busy and not doing the thing until we're at -2 hours to go or something.

• Like x 3
  9. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

WEATHER ALERT .... WEATHER ALERT ...

HURRICANE SEEBS IS CURRENTLY ON A RANDOM COURSE. THERE IS NO CURRENT TIME OR DATE FOR LANDFALL ... CURRENT MODEL SHOWS NO LANDFALL ON TIKI BEACH ...

UPDATES AT RANDOM TIMES ...

• Like x 19
  10. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

And I'm already drinking, what a coincidence! I'll just stay at bench W literally until then.

• Like x 3
  11. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

you should have called it KIN2GI

• Like x 15
  12. Xavius Emeritus

Xavius Emeritus Suit Monkey

Let us forever remember the dawn of Y2Kintsugi.

• Like x 25
  13. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

Uh, for requesting reset, should we PM or Do Another Thing of some kind?

(if singing the Mothra song could get it done, I would, because holy shit)

14. seebs

PM me or email me.

15. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Can we have a sneak peek of the shiny new logo?

16. seebs

klogo_teal_green.png

• Like x 7
  17. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

hurricane_main_194114.jpg

• Like x 5
  18. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Ultimately up to seebs, but there will be multiple colored new logos(same design, just dif colors). Mostly so I can have fun making multiple themes that don't clash with the logo :p

Original logo looks very similiar and has same colors. There is gonna be a logo to go with the original blurple theme, as well as one for a pink theme. There may be more, but I gotta work on the logo/themes. Blurple, dark background, the alt theme(note to self: rename it) and the teals and green theme will remain the same, but with new logo. Monochrome theme I am making a tweak that may replace the old monochrome. Other themes will be overhauled and new ones will be added(with matching logos!).

• Like x 5
  19. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Btw, @seebs can I request a new thread for the logo/color theme thread? It feels weird to me that the first several pages are just chatting about the possibility of dif color themes, so I would sorta like a fresh start on it.

• Like x 2
  20. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

will we get a countdown far enough in advance to break out these, or no?
    [​IMG]

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice