The CCG stands for Children's Card Game: Magic the Gathering

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Keleviel, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Keleviel

Keleviel Angel Fanboy

So! Who here plays Magic the Gathering? I recently got into it thanks to a few friends. I don't actually have any cards though. Thanks to Lackey CCG I have access to like every card and can play online.

I've only really played Commander which is pretty fun when my deck doesn't fuck me over. I have a bunch of decks because making decks is fun. I have a monowhite deck, a green/white deck, a black/white deck, a blue/white deck, a red deck, a blue deck, and a red/black deck. Currently working on a red/white deck. I have a lot of white decks because ANGELS.

So what about you guys? How long have you played Magic? What kinda decks do you have? Do you want to play me and beat my newbie ass?

Lackey CCG link
    Magic Plugin for Lackey CCG link

2. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

I haven't played Magic in yonks and I kind of miss it, but I'm sure I mostly miss being kind of an asshole to other players. I'm not very good with strategery, so my decks tended to be built to be as annoying as possible.

My favourite was a blue deck I made that was designed to deck the other player. There were very few creatures in it -- quicksilver dragons, wandering eyes, and ... one other that I can't recall the name of. Other than that (and islands), the cards were either counterspells or "target player draws X card(s)" (or, my favourites, "counter target spell, that spell's caster draws a card"). Oh, and a set of artifacts that increased the draw size.

Basically, I'd stall and draw the game out while whittling away my opponent's resources, until they ran out of cards to draw and lost. Fun times. I probably still have it in a case, somewhere.

3. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

quietly resurrects this thread because i finally got a chance to play around with one of the new commander 2015 decks and i need to scream about it to someone. red + white giant aggro is simply not okay and i love it. i was going 1v1 with my dad who was running the new green/blue deck and i just... i obliterated that poor man. it was beautiful. also the commander, kalemne is a giant baddass lady and i really really love her.

but yeah i've played commander for i guess a year now? my friends got into it together and i felt left out but i thought i wasn't gonna play because as a general rule i don't like card games and i suck at them, then i tried it out and just something about the format hooked me. thus far i have three commander decks: daretti (my first deck), doran the siege tower, which two of my friends helped me build, and now kalemne is my latest. apparently i really like aggro?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice