the drama the trauma

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by townghost, May 5, 2020.

1. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i think instead of nitpicking people’s reaction to a helpless situation more importantly we should hold space for them to come to their own realizations and figure out how to best get those needs met tactically

that can mean cis facing advocacy,
    it can mean not mentioning truscum while trying to reform the community for their needs
    it can mean holding nonbinary people accountable
    it can mean making our own spaces together to grieve
    or it can look like lashing out, validating our anger or trying to reassure ourselves we have some kind of power
    but since truscum people will always exist, the word truscum will always exist and people will always come together under it

2. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i just feel like i clocked in my whole hours on the subject. i’m already so tired and i’ve faced the brunt of human disposability, i just want peace

3. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

past history is important, but so is the now. and the truscum community of now is heavily oriented towards gatekeeping the trans community as a whole. that is also transphobia. i wish that the term hadn't become perverted by people with such shitty intentions, but unfortunately the pollution of labels and symbolism has always been a thing.

i disagree that nonbinary people benefit from the actions of tucutes. a great deal of nonbinary people do suffer from dysphoria; i know many nonbinary people who seriously struggle with feelings of incongruity between their gender identity and physical characteristics, and experience a lot of stress over being unable to even imagine a scenario they could realistically work towards in order to acquire bodies they feel comfortable with. many of these dysphoric nonbinary people who were active on tumblr during the height of the war were slammed by the tucutes for just entertaining the validity of dysphoria as a concept, or for wanting to medically transition in the first place (even if they couldn't figure out a transition goal that they would be perfectly comfortable with), and many nonbinary people were viciously attacked by tucutes simply for not showing any less than complete hostility to either of these "truscum" ideas. the ideological puritanism never benefited anyone but the tucutes who used it for clout chasing.

4. townghost

townghost mystery crab

disagree with the concept that people who are subject to transphobia can gatekeep the medical industry, since we cannot wield the cis power structure. if you’re talking about community, we have the right to gatekeep that since we deserve safe spaces without people mocking us for our dysphoria or trying to reform the way we conceptualize our sense of self. that’s a violation and we deserve boundaries on that. trans people in the medical industry are still subject to implicit bias, they cannot “harm trans people”. cis people harm trans people, a trans person can never be cis... even if they get along mostly well with cis people and blend with cis people, in they end they can still be oppressed, no one can take away their trans experience from them not even tucutes or the nonbinary supremacy movement

but this is a lot lol i think we just need to take it one step at a time. like trans people can’t gatekeep. any gatekeeping is only allowed by cis people “normal people”

5. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i’ll respond to the rest of what you said later... i want to create some kind of physical product about these debates because it’s a privilege that we are able to argue about this. this may not happen in the next 100 years, not all trans people in the world will get to know that there was medical transition... nothing is guaranteed

6. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i hope that you also treasure your insight about this and don’t let it get minimized or swept under the rug, or “forget about it cause it’s in the past” because we are incredibly privileged to have lived through this time in history and seen these debates

7. townghost

townghost mystery crab

as for the second thing you mentioned i think that’s just another case of avoiding the label of truscum for your own benefit. because in the end, whether you’re nonbinary or not, they are coming for your validation and self knowledge because they’re insecure. that’s why they invented the word and why reclaiming works.

8. UnknownQuantity

UnknownQuantity Who the fuck is this

So, to clarify, being told you don't belong in a community for being the wrong kind of what they are isn't gatekeeping? Being afraid to enter trans spaces because they don't think I'm trans enough and will and have kicked me out despite having the same symptoms isn't gatekeeping? Being told by other trans people that I'm not trans isn't trans people doing a trans person harm?

Genuinely curious if we're defining the term differently, because that sounds like gatekeeping to me.

9. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i mean like... true transsexual is a term. but the people that hated truscum were trans people targeting other trans people for finding themselves in that term. that is the core weakness and why they will always lose and why you can always be truscum and you’re never wrong to be one. they’re jealous. we had won from the start

10. townghost

townghost mystery crab

@UnknownQuantity i put you on ignore, this isn’t the right way to come at me. best of luck

11. Ipuntya

i think you might be misunderstanding? i'm not saying that truscum have power over the medical transition process. i'm saying that they have the power to punch sideways, at other trans people. "gatekeeping the trans community" refers to the tendency of truscum to attempt to have other trans people excluded from trans spaces, and have their identities called into question, either for having the wrong kinds of opinions, or not being trans in a way that truscum approve of.
    assuming i'm understanding this correctly, the problem is that it's not just tucutes doing this to other trans people, it's also truscum.
    this isn't accurate to history. the issue tucutes had with truscum was the common tendency of truscum to deny nonbinary and agender identities as valid trans identities. this didn't excuse the ideological puritanism they committed as a result, but knowing what the source of enmity was is important.

12. townghost

townghost mystery crab

if you have sources for this history i would like to review it. but keep in mind, i am truscum
    and will defend the right of truscum to act and feel any way they want, forever.

if there are people who have concerns with horizontal aggression, that’s fine.

being called true transsexual scum is never excusable.

13. Ipuntya

i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment for a bunch of reasons some related and some not, and i think i am gonna bow out for a bit, but i will leave you with what i think is some useful reading material.

there are several things in it i disagree with, but i think it's otherwise a rather accurate look into many of the problems related to the conflict. it's hard to come by much in the way of better reference stuff, mostly due to the sheer animosity the controversy has developed:

https://bethaniaarts.com/2019/01/to...-war-with-each-other-seriously-needs-to-stop/

14. townghost

townghost mystery crab

genuinely the entire way we have this conversation is diseased. it’s always a deeply mentally ill conversation

if you see someone needs validation, you don’t argue over what abstract thing that validates one person and not the other. in actual reality there are a million abstract concepts why every trans person deserves rights, has a place, and will eventually feel valid

this is an example of how you can fuck up children so i would basically never do it to anyone. you just forgive others. if i get hurt when they were lashing out then i deal with it on my own time because i unconditionally love humans. i’m still trying to get better at having boundaries and communicating. i don’t tell people what to do or tell them to stop because they’re hurting me & that’s another reason why i’m truscum. if someone says “that person hurt me” it’s not enough of a reason for me to condemn them and it’s not a good enough solution to make everyone get along.

you guys just don’t know me lol

15. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i kind of skimmed this and it seems like it’s mostly discussing dysphoria in a way that i don’t vibe with anymore

i’ll keep skimming to see if it addresses anything that pings me

i see the phrase truscum ideology, which makes me believe this is kinda inaccurate.

if this is supposed to be about history this is way after my time. if you might want to look at the site transsexual.org (2003) that’s more of what initially led me to become truscum

keep in mind truscum just means true transsexual or transsexual. the word truscum is invented with that in mind, but attaching judgement to it. my disagreement with that judgement and desire to remove the judgement from that identity is what i reclaim the word truscum as

16. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i just skimmed it but didn’t really see anything that scratched the surface of the issue. the issue is that transsexuals find validation in themselves from an ideology that other people see as harmful, so they exclude that trans person. i disagree with excluding them and i disagree that it’s harmful

17. townghost

townghost mystery crab

there was a trans woman on tumblr who just really hated these true transsexuals, who often didn’t hurt anybody but just annoyed other trans people. that’s fine and her feelings are valid but i must mitigate the damage that she caused by creating the word truscum so i simply reclaim it

18. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i think it’s easy enough for people to use their own judgement if they know the context, that transsexual is simply an identity that some people have and take pride in, and that if other people feel that it’s more valid then they can simply claim it. if we can just get people to that point that will be a great start

19. townghost

townghost mystery crab

but yeah “it’s not fine” is something i have a lot of troy me with realizing and i’m slowly trying to juggle all of this now without becoming like ... one of those people whose level i never stoop to. part of this big trauma is thinking “if i could just stop being the bigger person i would be fine” but it’s not fine. none of this is fine

20. townghost

townghost mystery crab

“troy me” is supposed to be *trouble sorry

but yeah every so often you will see me speaking out about this and yeah i am big sad but you won’t get me to admit it or ask for help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice