The "excuse me state/city gov't wtf r u doing?" thread

Discussion in 'Up the People' started by Lerxst, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

2. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

lmao, the Dallas republican can't deal w kids

edit: I don't want to turn this into the Texas politics thread, but here's my local democratic party dictator's blog. (Tom Delay called her a bitch in his memoir and she's so awesome I want to be her when I grow up)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like x 1
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

*slides in and camps* Haven't heard about any spectacularly stupid bills making progress in the WV legislature yet this session, but there was Some Bullshit last year. Plus side: looks like they might finally be passing that human trafficking bill that's almost passed like three times now.

• Like x 1
  4. devian

devian Well-Known Member

So I am from North Carolina and basically my entire state government is a trashfire *weeps quietly*

• Like x 2
  5. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

You're from WV?

6. LadyNighteyes

Yep. And work for a legislator. Checking the voicemail at work means I learn what bills actually made it into the newspaper and about every pothole in the county. :::PPP

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Like x 4
  7. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

There was a little trans support/anti-SB6 (the Texas version of the fucking "bathroom bill") rally outside the office of our state senator today, which included a group from my church. Very nice, non-threatening people. Mostly old white folks. I bet they even brought donuts and coffee for the senator's staff. Speaking of the senator's staff, a group of our folks had a confirmed appointment to talk to them about why Sb6 is a bad idea.

In an absolutely shocking turn of events, the staff decided not to show up today. I FOR ONE AM COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY BY THIS TOTALLY UNEXPEcteeeeehhhhh yeah I figured they were gonna do that.

• Like x 5
  8. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

So after hours and hours and hours of testimony yesterday, most of it in opposition to SB6, the State Affairs Committe voted 7-1 to advance the fucking thing to the full chamber.

screwthisland.PNG

• Like x 2
  9. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

10. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

I love when these bills happen

11. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

12. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

13. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

So our (old white rich) mayor got caught on video saying "speak up, boy" to my (Hispanic USMC veteran) city councilman during a city council meeting. Oooooohhhhh hell no. He seems to be getting pretty viciously dragged for it, at least.

This is the same mayor who got spanked by a federal judge for trying to eliminate my district (mostly brown and/or poor) and I think two others (ditto) and replace their councilmembers with "at large" councilmembers (read: white people from the rich part of town who do not give a single fried fuck about the brown-people-and-poors part).

• Like x 1
  14. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

• Like x 2
  15. LadyNighteyes

Does it count as "state government WTF are you doing" if I share the fact that the West Virginia campaign finance filing system is such a poorly-programmed piece of crap that it has a page to edit transactions, but no save button on that page? I hate that whoever made it got paid with tax dollars.

• Like x 3
  16. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Good grief. Yes. That counts.

• Like x 1
  17. LadyNighteyes

It also only allows bulk uploads as a .csv with the extension renamed to .txt and a specific filename, and it has True/False fields that are case-sensitive.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    • Like x 1
  18. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

:psyduck:

christ. why. WHY.

• Like x 1
  19. LadyNighteyes

I assume they either took the lowest bid to make the website and it was someone who didn't give a damn, or got some sort of out-of-the-box software and had someone who had no idea what they were doing and just cobbled it together as best they could set it up. It also only shows ten transactions per page and automatically sorts them by date with the oldest first. We got hundreds of donations last election cycle.

• Like x 1
  20. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

That sounds like the "a state employee's teenage kid got paid one (1) large pizza to build that site" kind of lowest bid.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice