The Great Unlucrative Hobbies For Fun (Not Profit) Validation Thread

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by IvyLB, Apr 29, 2017.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Also old medical texts are neat as hell!!!!!! I Love medical history!!!! So much!!!!!!!! Gosh! I am super excited about stuff like that!!!

• Agree x 2
  2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Easy to start, takes a while to to really get the hang of. Start by looking up your local birds online and trying to learn identification. Then get an Audubon bird book, hang up some feeders, wait to see what shows up, and see if you can figure out what birds appear!

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Agree! I have a great passion for 19th century history, even if I get all the terminology mixed up and can´t tell you a date to save my life. Mainly fashion and daily life, just How Stuff Was Done. Not really the political stuff.

• Like x 2
  4. IvyLB

Ah, I mean i do know at least the birds that frequent our garden? Somewhat vaguely at least.
    We had a robin visit us recently and awwwwww they are so tiny. Super small fluff babies. But yes, we have a feeder in the garden and also lots of plants that provide food for the bird population so we have a lot of tiny feathery visiters! So I might look up some details just to see who all comes by :3

5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i sometimes worry about you 'cause of your job. 'cause, like, to me, it sounds like you're stressed out by it often and sometimes think too much about and place a lot of your worth on it. i'm glad that you do try to keep the general idea of this thread in my mind, though - it makes me feel like i have a bit less to worry about.

though my worrying could be really wrong. i've never had a job before, i'm not really a hard worker on the stuff i'm not sperging on, i've got a lot of executive dysfunction, and i'd never had to worry about money, after all. so maybe i don't really understand that well enough for my worrying to mean anything.

• Like x 1
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Yeah, that's true enough. Part of it's, I've got stuff I'm trying to prove to myself, or to the echoes of fights with my parents, to do with my taking responsibility and working hard. And part of it's absolutely money fears. The jobs I've held so far, not one of them covered my basic expenses (food, full share of rent, gas, replacement cheap clothing, etc), much less my college debt. But with me being so tired after my part time job, how could I manage to hold a second job without blowing up at people and losing one, both, friendships, and so on? I got to deal with parents being up like that, do not recommend. My post was more, thinking in the hypothetical where I have a good-enough paying job.

It's funny how I keep playing semi-vanilla survival Minecraft, when that's so much resource gathering. I guess the relatively instant payoffs, the back and forth between what I chance to find and what I chose to make, makes it more worthwhile. I play on servers, but usually do solo builds... No real prospect our expectation of income there.

• Like x 2
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i think trying to prove stuff to yourself and/or echoes of the past isn't really something that works out well.

like, with yourself, brainbugs can really get in the way of making any progress with proving things. it's hard to explain and i might be wrong, but like... there is a certain extent to which i think people's brainbugs don't really accept this kind of proof, regardless of how strong it is, and to which the drive to prove it is inherently unsatisfiable just by being there.

and echoes of the past can't talk back. like, though your future interactions with your parents might be influenced by what you do now, the past will stay the past. and i think your parents haven't been good to you, and i wouldn't really trust their opinions of you. i dunno if that makes total sense, but yeah, it's how it feels to me.

and witnessed on the money fears.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. IvyLB

• Like x 4
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

oh my gosh it's so pretty!!! heck!! i love the trees and the big grey planter especially

• Like x 1
  10. IvyLB

The planter is a *godsent* and i love my the trees. All of them. Gud Tree friends.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice