The Grouch's Trash Pile [Currently: Final Fantasy XII]

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Mercury, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mercury

Mercury 17 Quicksilver Scribe Tramples The Unrepentant

Hmmmm apparently barley doesn't agree with me anymore either - I went and got regular rice crispies instead of the expensive gluten free kind aaaand they make my mouth hurt. T_T Why is malted barley even an ingredient in puffed rice cereal!!

• Witnessed x 6
  2. Mercury

I did a big cleaning/descaling of my electric kettle and my coffee maker recently, since the weather is starting to look a little autumny and I'll be wanting hot beverages again. The kettle works like new, the coffee maker... well, let's just say I couldn't remember the last time I'd cleaned it, and I was able to tell. x_x After five cleaning cycles and a number of rinse cycles and it was *still* producing gross stuff, I finally gave up on it and bought a new one. Same little 6 cup model, just ten years newer. I feel bad for throwing out something that still ostensibly works, but... it was pretty gross, and coffee from it had tasted weird for ages, to the point that even the most basic drip coffee from a cafe tasted fancy in comparison.

I just had my first cup from the new machine of a super fancy chocolate cherry coffee I just had to try, and I grudgingly admit that replacing the old machine was a good idea long overdue. I've got more spoons/initiative for keeping things clean than I used to, so here's hoping I can do well by this machine.

(omg this coffee is good. I can't justify paying 5.50€ for a 200 gram bag of coffee very often, but... it's so good! T_T)

• Winner x 1
  3. Mercury

coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee COFFEEEEEE!!!

... I only had two cups, why do you ask? 8)

• Winner x 4
  4. Mercury

Found the error in the sandbox program and fixed it, put my “I give up” message in the asteroids program and submitted it - Java course done!

Now I see a Scala course started today, and it has an English version :eyes: even though it’s introductory, I think I’ll take it - I can take an exam after and get a certificate for it and I presume they’ll have the exam in English. I can also read the Finnish version alongside for language learning.

I’m only at this workshop for another six weeks so I’ll have to improve my work hygiene at home since to get credit, I have to meet deadlines. But... I think it’ll be worth it? Even if I am kind of retreading the same ground.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 3:18 AM
    • Winner x 1
  5. Mercury

I finally tried out some little packaged cakes I'd been eyeing - they're from a good brand but at 3€ for two little salted caramel cakes about the size of small cupcakes, I was reluctant to try considering how incredibly hit or miss wheat free baked goods are. Today I just went for it and OMG. Dense, moist, super flavorful, with some salted caramel filling as well as topping.

WORTH IT.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  6. Mercury

Me, this weekend: Argh, I have to remember to install Eclipse and finish this week's assignments since I don't I'll have time on Wednesday to get them done before the noon deadline.
    Me, just now, discovering that all I had left was two small feedback sections: GOOD JOB, PAST ME :D

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice