The Grouch's Trash Pile [Baldur's Gate 3]

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Mercury, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Tfw you left your badge in the pocket of your flannel shirt and only realize when you’re on the metro .-.

(I HOPE it’s there, if I lost it it’s a 30€ replacement fee ; ; I’m usually so good about not losing stuff...)

• Witnessed x 3
  2. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

3. Mercury

Badge was indeed exactly where I'd thought it was. :') It is now safely tucked back into one of the zip pockets of my coat, which is usually where I stash it when I leave for the day but last Friday I was in a hurry to catch the the train and didn't want to waste precious seconds transferring it, I guess.

Now I've been sitting here feeling too guilty about not being ~*~PRODUCTIVE~*~ enough to play video games. Why. Why do I feel this way. I went to workshop, I tried to recharge my transit pass, I vacuumed, I made dinner... why the guilt, brain. What do I have to feel guilty about, here.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Winner x 1
  4. Mercury

Good: brand new citrusy orange hoodie that's super soft and fits rather than being 1-3 sizes too big like my two old ones

Bad: tops that fit means that other people can see the chest lumps..............

idk how much it looks like Those Are Definitely Tits On A Female and how much is dysphoria screaming at me that that's totally what I look like, regardless of what everyone else actually sees, but man. Binders hurt too much so there's only so much I can realistically do.

5. Mercury

I prefer zip hoodies but the benefit of a pullover one is I get to feel like a marsupial goblin. I can keep my stuff in a front pocket instead of having to rummage around in overfull trouser pockets!

Kinda ruins the lines of my look but it’s A+ for accessibility

• Agree x 1
  6. Mercury

i mean I can keep my stuff in zip hoodie pockets too but it doesn’t have the same cozy marsupial feel to it

• Like x 1
  7. Mercury

ALMOST finished with part 1 of the Java course. Got the assignment done, it passed the tests on the computer, I submit it to the test server just as it’s getting time to leave...

Three minutes later: Hidden test failed! It took 10ms instead of 5ms.

Me: What.

CODING. I’ll have to fix it next week.

• Like x 1
  8. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Ugh optimizing is the worst. If you'd like pointers or help, lemme know ^^

9. Mercury

oh ty! I'll ping you if anything comes up :)

• Like x 1
  10. Mercury

[​IMG]

fondly regards my beautiful elf son

• Winner x 6
  11. Mercury

Going to start FF12 tonight :D I'll shout about it in here some/a lot, and then put more analytical posts on my DW.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Mercury

Me, an hour ago: I'm going to play a FF game with English voices for once!

*grins and bears it right up until the point Vaan starts talking*

NOPE

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  13. Mercury

I keep going HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT PLACE/MUSIC because the current set of 24 man raids in FFXIV is set in Ivalice, and that has me pretty pumped.

(Also: Basch, you stupid asshole...)

• Like x 1
  14. Mercury

Vaan's a cute kid. I like how he's a fiesty youngster and a little prone to hotheadedness but not actually an idiot or totally childish. His JP voice matches him really well.

The game is really, really pretty - it's obviously older but it holds up really well and is pleasant to look at. I was getting sim sickness, which I thought was partly to do how fussy the camera gets if you go into a corner or any narrow place, but after some thinking I went into graphics options and... turned depth of field off. Sure enough, I started feeling a lot better once everything more than two feet away from Vaan wasn't incredibly fucking blurry. :T Amazingly, the game looks a lot better, too! :')

Not entirely sure how I feel about the controls, but it's an interesting system.

Rabanastre kind of reminds me of whatever that desert city in Xenogears was, for some reason. I haven't played that game in a LONG goddamn time so I don't know why, but whatever. It's a nice nostalgic feeling, and I'm always happy when a game has a good desert city. I really like deserts...

• Agree x 1
  15. Mercury

Hey: Vayne is creepy!

I passed his speech some time ago but an NPC in Lowtown just mentioned him and it brought back how unsettled he made me. I'm not sure if I just wasn't following or if his speech was kind of incoherent? And the whole thing felt extremely performancey - not merely in a politician sort of way, but in a "I'm the star of a grand story and am giving a performance to my favorite audience - me!" sort of way.

• Agree x 2
  16. Mercury

Fran and Balthier are SO. COOOOOOOOL. *_*

• Agree x 3
  17. Mercury

[​IMG]

I finally caved and bought the mount I've been pining over for months but oh my god it was so expensive

even though all I spent was fake game money I still feel a bit faint :''')

• Winner x 4
  18. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Holy shit it is glorious though. I dont think ive ever seen it drop below 34 mil on our server...

• Agree x 1
  19. Mercury

it was 'only' 25mil for me :') I regret not giving in to temptation sooner, at one point it was all the way down to 15mil and that's when I started going "... what if I bought it..."

20. Mercury

I just got a package @chthonicfatigue and holy shit he spoiled me -- and my cats, who now have brand new sushi themed catnip toys. I'm so happy ; ;

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice