The Grouch's Trash Pile [Baldur's Gate 3]

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Mercury, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Oooh, my very own thread of rambling and nonsense! *flops down happily* I mean sure, I could do rambling and nonsense on twitter but that's an awful lot like standing on a street corner and shouting. This is a little more like tumblr's stake out a lawn and start piling up junk, but even further off the beaten path... maybe more like going out into the forest and yelling at squirrels.

Okay, that got kind of away from me. ANYWAY...

I'm probably going to use this for goofing off, waving things around excitedly, and perhaps some grumbling but not like, vent thread-level grumbling. More like "griping about people wearing too much perfume on the metro"-level.

Replies and other participation are fantastic! Please do -- but please also mind your manners. This thread is for ENJOYING trash, not setting it on fire.

That's all for now since it's Late and I need to sleep, I will adjust things and add tags and whatnot in the morning.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 4
  2. rje

rje here comes the sun

I'm in ur thread stealin' ur second post muahaha ~

tho I will delete if requested muahaha

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    • Like x 3
  3. Mercury

HOW DARE YOU lol no it's fine, if I tried any semblance of organization I'd screw it up and fling it to the wayside within a week. That's why it's a trash pile! Piles are love, piles are life, piles are the ADHD way.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  4. Mercury

CHOCOLATE
    CAKE!!!!!!!!!!

I found out a Thing recently about how if you want a baked good to be denser and chewier rather than lighter and fluffier, you melt the butter rather than cream the sugar into it. Makes sense, since creaming sugar into butter incorporates a lot of air into it and my cakes do tend to be fairly airy. Melting the butter worked for cookies, so I tried it last night when making the chocolate cake I'd been craving for days and *chef kiss* it's Good. It's not dense dense, like a brownie might be, but definitely denser than my usual cake and the mouthfeel works better with chocolate, imo.

Could use a touch more butter, though, it's a little drier than I'd like. [edit] and probably a little more sugar, too, since that's a humectant? I don't like cakes that are too sweet, though.

I also did a thing where I greased the pan and popped it in the oven until the butter was melty, then put the batter in and baked it. It makes the edges and sides a touch crisp, which I suppose might be odd but I like it. I'm not fancy and p much only make (small, square) sheet cakes if I'm not making cupcakes, so it's fine.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Winner x 8
    • Useful x 2
  5. Mercury

Maybe... too much chocolate cake... x___x

• Witnessed x 7
  6. Mercury

cheerfully starts ruining the Adamantoise "Emperor's New ___" resale market by listing things at an only ridiculous markup rather than a flatout insane one

maybe Literally No One wants to level a crafter on this server or something , but considering you can access these items by getting a crafter to lv 15, which is hardly any work at all even if you don't have the double xp bonus, it's still PRETTY WEIRD people are reselling these 50-60 gil items for 70-118k gil. I still feel kinda skeevy selling them at 7.5k gil but poor alt is poor, I need that money to outfit them in the pretend lifestyle that I've gotten accustomed to with my main

• Like x 2
  7. rje

rje here comes the sun

Wait are the items listed AND selling for that much?? That's wild, I think the market for those crashed on Siren like a month out lol

I weep that I had to choose a Crafting server, there's more omnicrafters playing Economic Empire on Siren than there are raiders/casual dungeongoers combined. I'm so poor!!! T.T

Also yes to trash piles. Piles in general give me Comfort feelings

• Like x 1
  8. Mercury

THEY ARE. I was really shocked when I checked the sales history! I may just end up crashing the market entirely and sell them at a piddly 2x marketup... god knows I'm going to be going to Waking Sands often enough that restocking regularly won't be an issue.

I made a temp alt there and I noticed the prices of some stuff were even crazier than Adamantoise. At least server visit will be a thing soon and you can shop around in other servers!

9. Mercury

Want... to make another alt... @_@ I really really reallyreallyreally want a catboy(man) alt (earwiggles)!! Maaaybe I can splurge for a story skip for him though because there sure is A Lot, even when you're skipping cutscenes. Stick him on a preferred server and getting to 50 would take very little time...

Maybe if I can figure out where I'd put him, and how well I can deal with not being able to be fashionable for ages and ages. :V

10. Mercury

PEAK FUCKING TUMBLR: J just tried to log out of his and got the 'Sorry, this service is unavailable' error screen. He tried again, same result. He's still logged in.

• Witnessed x 5
  11. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Tumblr logic: ban all the people who want to use the service, don't let anyone else leave.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Mercury

Me: I'm not really into making christmas outfits for my characters
    Also me: spends an hour+ carefully putting together christmas outfits for my FFXIV main

• Winner x 4
  13. Mercury

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Healer (pictured: white mage)

[​IMG]

"Hey, this doesn't look like a hymnal..." (Summoner)

[​IMG]

Red Mage

... and this is just my main, and not either of my two alts.

• Winner x 6
  14. Mercury

MAN OH MAN that sure was a twitter discussion I just had

... in retrospect, gonna holler closet this one

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Witnessed x 3
  15. Mercury

SO HEY

I am posting this literally everywhere because it was THAT INCREDIBLE - I got to see this exhibition a week and a half ago and it moved me to tears. The 'Crows' section they only show a few short seconds of is a little more than four minutes long and it actually made me weep it was so intense.

16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I love your FFXIV cat!

• Like x 1
  17. chthonicfatigue

That exhibition looks amazing *_*

• Agree x 1
  18. Mercury

It was SO COOL. The first room is the waves; a couple of seconds after walking in I started feeling kind of odd and wobbly and was a bit worried until I realized that this is how I feel when I'm on a ship. Since it's actually quite dark, with black floors, most of the sensory experience is sight and sound (each room has its own music/sound effects) and as a result the brain makes up for the rest in really fascinating ways. :D

The flowers room was also super cool - it's interactable. Put your hand on a wall for a while and flowers and color start to grow around it. Swipe it across the wall and you get flowers to bloom; swipe the flowers and you send petals drifting. And all the critters flying and swimming around are actually visitor-made - they have a little room off to the side you can go in and they give you templates to color in, and when you're done they scan it to put in their database of critters to project, and you get to keep your colored-in template. I didn't do it because I wasn't sure I was up to kind of hunching over the kid-height friendly table, but I wish I had ; ;

The vortex room is REALLY big, and there are huge beanbags positioned around for people to lie down on and look at the light show from. It's very soothing and gentle, and that must be intentional because it's kind of the gateway to the 'Crows' room, and that... is SUPER intense.

It's a much smaller room than the others, such that they only let in a max of 25 people at a time. They have signs up warning that anyone with light triggered seizure or migraine disorders might be affected, and that if you begin to feel unwell to sit down. As you can see in the video, the entire room is animated, and it starts very calmly, with branches and birds being drawn across the walls. The bit in the video is the part where it, literally, takes off--

I'm having a difficult time thinking of words to describe it. It was maybe the closest thing that I can imagine flying feeling like. I was standing completely still and I had the unshakable sensation that I was swooping and soaring along with these crows made of light and music.

I'd been wondering why the group that came out while I was waiting was so silent and pensive; coming out, I more than understood why. I had to sit in the vortex room for quite some time to process and pull myself together.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  19. Mercury

Black coeurl kitten is the best thing. :3 If I have it out when I'm fighting monsters, it even helps me out! (not that that actually does anything, but it's precious as heck that it snarls and swipes at monsters along with me.)

There are other cat pets that are pretty great, too. There's the regular coeurl kitten, which is white and orange with black spots but otherwise looks identical. Fat cat is an adorable marshmallow creature. Tora-jiro is like, DISTILLED adorableness. And then there's the Gaelikitten, which you can get to perch on your shoulder (or your head, if your character is of the tiny, cute Lalafell race).

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. chthonicfatigue

I need the bat winged catto. I'm still in low level puttering around central thanalsn but I need it.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice