The Polygon Dot Com Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Everett, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Hello i've decided I want a place to post stuff from polygon that wouldnt fit into the McElroy thread!

I'm not actually that knowledgeable nor have i watched that many of their videos but here it is

Here have this image from Please Retweet that i found on tumblr

[​IMG]

Well I forgot what these were until I embedded them but I don't know how to remove images on mobile so now they live here. Please enjoy these dissociation flavoured Griffin images?? These are legit just from the mbmbam show and not polygon related at all, oops

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anyway feel free to link stuff or talk about your fave youtube shows or other content from their actual website!

Here's a tweet from Patrick Gill.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/906177599608676352/photo/1

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  2. Everett

[​IMG]
    Simone de Rochefort is cool too

She and Pat are now featured in a new series where they re enact video game cutscenes??? It's great so far

Ok I have to get back to work but yeah

• Like x 4
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Whobelse really loves SEO play

• Agree x 7
  4. Everett

Ive only seen like one episode but it seems Good

• Like x 1
  5. Aondeug

Please watch more. Simone and her housecoat are great. It is a simple show but an amusing one.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

oh maaaaaaan i've been waiting for this thread. i got into Polygon's content via the McElroys, but i really enjoy Pat, Russ, and Simone as well. especially Simone, she's hilarious and seems like she'd be a ton of fun to hang out with. SEO Play is great, and when i watched the Video Game Theatre video i started freaking out instantly because omg Simone is in a bathrobe and holding a glass of wine, that's always a recipe for comedy gold.

i've really been enjoying the Awful Squad stuff, which is surprising considering i have absolutely no interest in playing PUBG... but they just have so much fun with it. my favorites so far are the Turncoat Mode videos, but Tower of Error was fuckin fantastic as well.

probably an unpopular opinion, but one of my fave Polygon series is the short-lived Law Abiding Citizen. i get why it didn't take off-- most of Polygon's videos from the last couple years involve people playing video games in a silly way, while Law Abiding Citizen involved Justin cajoling Russ into playing video games... the normal way. but Justin pretending to be a demon (named Doug Peterson) by wearing a snuggie and shining a flashlight under his face just kills me every time.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  7. Everett

I liked Fold Yeller, where Russ and Simone tried to help each other play video games blindfolded. Russ got Simone all the way to the top of the volcano in BoTW thru the power of "left....ok stop, you're about to fall in lava"

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Aondeug

9. hyrax

Breath of the Wild worked pretty well with a blindfold. Super Mario World looked painfully difficult. (i enjoyed watching it, because Simone and Russ have great chemistry, but fuck me, i'm bad enough at platformers when i can see.)

10. Everett

11. Everett

(stumbles in here) more Video Game Theatre, altho i'm sure ive missed at least one episode

• Winner x 5
  12. Everett

More Video Game Theatre, featuring Pat Gill just levitating directly out of frame

• Winner x 1
  13. hyrax

Video Game Theatre is a goddamned gift

• Agree x 2
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I was a skeptic but

im love Simone

SEO play is great, video game theatre is great, I want to enjoy More

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. hyrax

Pat at the end of the most recent Video Game Theatre though. "don't be afraid... it's only ~~theatre~~"

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Simone is a gift

I like the awful squad stuff but damn those videos are long

• Agree x 1
  17. Everett

18. hyrax

one for the Awful Squad fans:
    IMG_5643.JPG

• Like x 2
  19. Everett

So the newest polygon human Brian Gilbert seems cool and has already been dubbed Ole Brian by awful squad (this is apparently a joke about how there was an older guy named brian at polygon and this is the new brian)

He does a thing i'm not toooo sold on yet called Week in Revue, its cool tho

Aaand griffin and russ did a VR LA Noire thing and it made me laugh really hard

• Agree x 3
  20. hyrax

Ol' Brian is great, he seems very funny and i like that they've been playing to his strengths by letting him do silly musical things. Week in Revue could get old fast, but the videos are short enough to not get tiresome, i think. i hope he plays on Awful Squad again!

that LA Noire VR video was RIDICULOUS and i hope they do more of it, Griffin throwing his hat out the window made me laugh out loud.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice