The Pulse shooting hug thread

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by WithAnH, Jun 12, 2016.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

there will be though
    there always is
    pretty soon we'll get like, "BARAK OBAMA WAS FINANCING THE SHOOTER" or something

2. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

(hugs)

Yeah, the conspiracy people are really frustrating at the best of times. I have a sinking suspicion that my fb friend list is gonna shrink dramatically in the next couple months

• Like x 2
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

yeeeeeeeeeeeep
    I know that feel

• Like x 1
  4. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

My longest-time friend is going to a Pride event today and I was hit all over again by how actually afraid I am for her.

This sucks. That is all.

• Like x 5
  5. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

crawls into this hug thread super late like the delayed response mother fucker i am.

i feel like people have stopped talking about it already and by people i mean straight people. if the biggest mass shooting in american history happened to straight people you bet your ass it'd still be in the news a month later or whatever but. welp.

i also feel like i have to get deeper into LGBT activism at the moment slash soon? like, i need to Do More and I don't know how.

i wasn't going to go to my local pride this year because capitalism but now it feels like i should. i wonder if there's a local countermovement i can join?

• Like x 9
  6. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I'm still not over this, I'm still not over being more afraid than I've ever been.
    I desperately need a haircut but I'm... stupidly scared of going in to get one. Because what if they figure out I'm trans from the haircut I ask for, or what if they assume I'm lesbian because of it, or... fuck. I'm also scared because I can pass more easily as a dude with shorter hair, but I recently got a new job and I have to wear a nametag that has my definitely female birth name on it and I feel like it's a flashing neon sign, and with slightly longer hair I do look at least a bit more feminine so it's not AS glaringly obvious

so I have to choose between dysphoria or fear

it's been over a month and this is still affecting me. Fuck.

• Like x 3
  7. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

I know how this is before I legally changed my name. Some places let you wear a nametag with a name you'd rather go by than by your dead name. Would that be an option, like if you were uncomfortable coming out to your place of work you could say something like "Could I just have my last name on my nametag, that's my nickname" or something like that?

8. albedo

albedo metasperg

@raginghearts Witnessed, man.

Not about the Pulse, but I'm terrified about the same kind of thing. I work for my local Republican-run legislature. E.g., the same people who are introducing anti-trans bathroom legislation. I'm terrified of being caught out by that sort when I use the bathroom, or just in general, no matter which one I use.

• Like x 1
  9. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I actually sort of tried that during orientation--cuz there was this form where you could fill out what name you wanted to appear on your badge
    and I was like "Oh cool! Imma put the more masculine spelling of my nickname! That way it's technically true but also more ambiguous!"

but then literally ten minutes later we were handed our already-made nametags and given a somewhat lengthy lecture on how they didn't like having to make new badges for people so DON'T LOSE THIS ONE
    so... basically not an option

same tho ;A;

• Like x 2
  10. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice