The Pulse shooting hug thread

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by WithAnH, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Mark is good people.

• Like x 2
  2. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

ngl I teared up when I first saw that video. It's... I wish more people were like Mark.
    It means so much that he cares that deeply, and it's one of the many reasons I subscribed to him.

• Like x 4
  3. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

• Like x 3
  4. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

I didn't get a chance yesterday to get a picture, but I've been wearing a rainbow pin on my lapel at work. It's such a small thing, most people probably don't even notice, and it's not like a jacket and tie on a clearly afab person scream "straight" but the conscious decision to be visible feels important right now

IMG_20160616_205232.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    • Like x 6
  5. kmoss

kmoss whoops

can I also say that your tie looks amazing and that I am just a bit jealous over it

• Like x 3
  6. theprettiestboy

Thank you! It's my favorite.

• Like x 1
  7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

• Like x 3
  8. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

Yeah, my friends have been encouraging a sober pride this year for safety reasons.

• Like x 2
  9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

also, update, it's looking more and more like someone made a prediction that there would be a shooting without thinking of the ramifications of posting it, instead of an all out threat

I'll still be careful, because I'm a paranoid lil fucker, but it's looking like we could be slightly less worried

• Like x 2
  10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I've been kinda disturbing myself at my lack of reaction to this. Perhaps because I have figured it would happen sooner or later? Perhaps because as an older queer person I already prepared myself for this kind of thing with other, smaller or piecemeal tragedies. Or perhaps it's just my unshockability which is normally a good thing but makes me feel coldly inhuman at times like this?

But I'm seriously considering going to Pride for the first time in almost 20 years because I am going to stand up and say fuck you to the world, even if I have to deal with crowds.

• Like x 6
  11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I know I've also heard that the amount of shock varies a lot in the community
    because this is the worst thing that's ever happened to younger members in the lgbt community (because no one teaches queer history in high school)

and it's barely even close for older members

....because I've read a little queer history, this doesn't surprise me, but nothing like this has really happened since I've come out, so it scares me

• Like x 8
  12. theprettiestboy

@Morven my girlfriend had a similar reaction, and it's what I've heard from a lot of other older queer folks as well (she's a bit older than me)

And for my generation and younger it's like... I knew about the upstairs lounge fire and laramie etc. but they were history by the time I was old enough to be politically aware. Important but not immediate the way this is.

(edited for spelling)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • Like x 4
  13. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

so, a 'friend' decided that the pulse shooting is TOTALLY A CONSPIRACY, GUYS
    I want to scream at him, but I already told him to stop yesterday and like, he didn't
    i wanna hug

• Like x 1
  14. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

*hug*

Fuck that guy.

• Like x 1
  15. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

*hugs*

• Like x 1
  16. emythos

thank
    :(

17. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

*hug*

• Like x 1
  18. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@emythos was that friend by any chance the inestimable Devyn?

• Like x 1
  19. emythos

YES IT WAS
    FUCK THAT GUY

• Like x 1
  20. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I've seen some conspiracy theory shit so far, most of it being "there were really 3 gunmen not one and it was obviously organized terrorism" but nothing really extreme YET.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice