The Toy Box

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 11, 2019.

?

Are you ever too old to play with toys?

1. No

18.8%
  2. Hell No

81.3%
  1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

A spot for custom dolls, repaints, BJD's, models, custom plush toys or traditional dolls, action figures you've customized and everything surrounding the hobby. :msap: Feel free to post your works in progresses, your wishlists or new items you find interesting, scream about new things on the market or the frustrations of painting or sewing tiny little things.

The Toy Box is open for all!

• Please place large images under a cut to keep from cluttering too badly, but otherwise go ham. c:

• Winner x 3
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

*parks in here* I love looking at this kinda stuff!! <3

I have zero experience with anything of the sort myself, but I’d love to make a plushie of the watermelon doggo from SU! (if anyone has a pattern pls share)

3. TheMockingCrows

Someday i want to MAKE a bjd from start to finish, like. I want to mold it and cast it or get it cast so I can sell it to others. That's The Dream tbh, but it's so difficult to figure out the working parts. I'll probably manage it after i HAVE a bjd to start with, so I can study their composition closer. :smithhappy:

• Winner x 2
  4. TheMockingCrows

oh! like this? https://www.deviantart.com/happykittyplushies/art/Watermelon-Dog-Plush-628392945

It looks like if you just made a watermelon plushie and then added on the other pieces you'd be able to do easier. The ears and tail would be separate pieces sewn on, as well as the mouth, and the eyes.. It wouldn't be as intense to make for a newbie, I bet. :D

• Useful x 1
  5. TheMockingCrows

today im making a maid dress with another pattern from requiem art designs. down side: my helpful cat assistant is... assisting far too much for such tiny pieces hahaha.

also my god. so much fray checking. so much fray checking on tiny things...

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Acey

Thanks for the tip!

7. TheMockingCrows

UGH i have to start all over again on this thing, these pieces are too smol ;C;

• Witnessed x 1
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

-parks my butt here-
    I'm cautiously and slowly dipping my toes in the Doll Customization scene, I have a couple girls and a lot of plans but weak foolish inflamed hands and little ability to make things work.
    My first baby girl, Quartz, is a massive body mod project and I've hit a wall constructing her new arm tbh >_>

• Like x 2
  9. TheMockingCrows

ooh id love to see the wip :D

• Agree x 1
  10. IvyLB

let me go dig up pictures!!!

11. IvyLB

• Winner x 5
  12. Acey

hot damn that’s awesome *_*

• Like x 1
  13. TheMockingCrows

oh woooow

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. IvyLB

awww thank you guys! As I said, she's my first, but i had my moirail's help for some (they made my only other OOAK Monster High Custom, of my fantroll, loreli rheins) and also i spent a LONG time prepping by watching doll customizer vids and also a couple tabletop terrain builds for technique stuff and it turned out p easy to do most of the effect stuff actually! (the hair is a *mess* bc the wefts are rly badly made and I'm not very practiced at how to place 'em and i can't do reroots at all with my hands but i still like how it turned out)
    Anyways the stone bits are really fun and easy to do, idk if you guys know the superglue-baking soda trick? hold on lemme find the video that taught me about it.......

Aha!
    eta: here's a small photoshoot I did with Loreli https://photos.app.goo.gl/5MQ1C4zgJvPrD46c6

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Winner x 2
  15. TheMockingCrows

memo to self: the first use of a pattern is always gonna be poopy, no use getting hung up on it, just finish the pattern piece so it's a finished product to learn from instead of getting glum over it.

love - self.

aka: this maid outfit is so fucking difficult guys, im dying. i still need to do the damn apron next.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. TheMockingCrows

another thing im obsessed with: miniatures in general. like.. those miniature room kits and doll houses that people can make that are super realistic? due to space and cats i don't foresee getting to do those, but gosh. the dream.

• Agree x 2
  17. TheMockingCrows

FINALLY got this dress to work for me. still need to make the apron piece, and put snaps on the back. decided to stop working with the velcro i've got bc it's godawful at this scale. too strong. but it took 3 tries and... voila. c: there's a little under skirt piece that flares out, and im tempted to put lace on the next one.
    doll3.png

• Winner x 3
  18. TheMockingCrows

Hhhhhh.

• Winner x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

i was looking at the Popovy sisters dolls and then found this recommended on youtube and... goddamn guys, look at the sculpts on these dolls. the court of the dead is amazing.

20. TheMockingCrows

so i realized i got this doll in my stockbox
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking... sweets themed? matching hair in two tones, pastel colors, different tones. they look creepy no matter what, which i love, but i think they'd look neat that way. c:

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice