the world is cold but my bed is warm

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by winterykite, Jan 5, 2019.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i used to love the cold but ive really grown to dislike it...

ah well.

we paused the call of cthulhu campaign and started playing degenesis instead. i was pretty darn passive and reactive in coc and its such a hopeless setting that punishes you for trying to understand.

degenesis is post apoc and a general shithole, but theres hope and youre not getting suffocated by bureaucracy. (the fact that my brilliant physicist girl got stonewalled for having tits in 1920 didnt help any either) (in degenesis i can play an androgynous weirdo and i get so much less shit for that its great)

scrappers are a lot of fun. i has a big gun ::D and i can shoot people who annoy me too much. (ammo is mucho expensive tho)

we're in so much shit rn after one evening but... its a lot more fun than coc.

and everyone was like "you were a lot more active today!" and i was like, yeah, i have so much less difficulty to interact with the setting.

coc is too earthlike is part of the reason, i think. period appropriate sexism is annoying af too.
    and the hopeless part. and the part where knowledge gets punished. i love digging into the meta plot.

i dislike hopeless settings. im made of spite and abide by the glitch faqs interpretation of hope as rejection.

i dont need hopelessness in my escapism, i got enough of that bullshit irl. it just makes me tired.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  2. winterykite

i also spent some time redesigning an old race concept for a fate campaign!

the dm let us go nuts. she knows what shes in for, she handpicked us from previous campaigns, lol.

yall remember @Kite from the library? yeah im redesigning that race a bit.

starts with windmill arrangement of eyes, and asymmetric horn placement, continues to extra elbow and knee joints.

kinda makes sense that i didnt know where kite had come from, the setting of the fate campaign will be the home planet of the windmill people, and back when i created it i didnt know our dm yet.

my access to information regarding my characters is limited. theyre recalcitrant motherfuckers. im regularly late for my own plot twists. smdh xxD

• Winner x 1
  3. winterykite

Screenshot (184).png
    Not enough space.
    (I've since built another shed)
    The only reason I'm not going insane in SDV are the mods

automate is love, automate is life

4. winterykite

689137.png
    concept doll of kiwi, aka the scrapper weirdo i play i degenesis now. at the moment they're here because one of their old besties got murdered and that shit ain't cool. but if there's scrap to grab that's cool, too.

also i has recruited another person to the minecraft server ::3 i should post some screenshots. need to take some first tho "_"

5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i still think i need to get you into factorio if you like automation :P

6. winterykite

listen, i don't do automation for automation's sake, i do automation so i have more time for everything else xxDD

7. IvyLB

THAT'S FAIR but also you can draw a dick shaped conveyor belt in factorio and it's inefficient as hell but it's hilarious

• Winner x 2
  8. winterykite

Farm.png
    Thelamuir's farm! Aka first savefile.

• Winner x 2
  9. winterykite

One good thing that came of the dream about my parents I had last night: "A heron, carrying a river on its back"
    That can be used for worldbuilding, right?

Also there's a phrase that's been in my head for weeks now and I can't find where I got it from, google doesn't come up with the source: "The silent breaking of her heart" I think it was from an audiobook? But I haven't listened to english audiobooks...

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. IvyLB

Maybe a podcast?

11. winterykite

maybe! it feels like this is a sort of old-ish memory, so wtnv is the only candidate for that?
    but the script for that is public.

maybe a film? hm.

12. IvyLB

who knows, not me i never know what anythign is from :P

13. winterykite

Just finished another spreadsheet.

You enter:
    The fertilizer you're using
    The profession you have
    Optional: How many plots you want to plant that crop on

It tells you:
    How many harvests you get if you plant on the first possible day
    How much you can sell crop/jelly/pickles/juice/wine/beer/ale for
    How much money you get per day per crop planted (only if sold as crop)
    How much money one full planting, and all possible plantings, based on plot amount, seeds are going to cost you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sENPgHapKY-EM-02a1tlCSOcTVtcCEUrJwkJEfOzI5I/edit?usp=sharing

• Winner x 1
  14. winterykite

why am i so tired

(ive cleared my comfiest chair from clothes and moved my monitor because im trying this sleep hygiene thing where you only use your bed for sleeping (and sex, but that one kinda doesn't apply to me).

15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Winnest. Also, it winter, sun is hiding?

• Agree x 1
  16. winterykite

Screenshot (201).png
    Fuckin seriously?
    (That's an artifact spot in an inaccessible area)

(don't mind the glitchy map graphics I'm glad Whitewater works at all, it hasn't been update din a while)

• Witnessed x 1
  17. winterykite

it... it hasn't been that long

why can't i remember how i came across the magnus archive?

• Witnessed x 1
  18. winterykite

i... i think i vaguely remember it being linked in a tumblr post? but i ditched tumblr before coming across--

no, wait.

ivy wasn't there the past two weekends, so 13th and 5th. i know i listened with them on the 30th december. that... was still after i left tumblr.

but i remember a different podcast i opened a tab for that same day that i got from there?

why...

19. winterykite

Farm.png
    I don't know what possessed me to do this with iron tools. Watering can is gold now tho so it takes like a third of the time and energy to water this all.

• Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  20. winterykite

More images!
    @TwoBrokenMirrors tagging you even tho I posted them to the discord already ::P

mcshader_3.png mcshader_1.png
    Two beacon placement designs. The darker one is because I liked the darker one better in vanillacraft and thus proceeded to build the lighthouse over it (said lighthouse looks like a giant penis at the moment and I'm not happy with this. Mirrors suggested embracing it...)
    The main difference is just that the second one has more layers of glass.
    mcshader_2.png
    Inside view of the tower as far as I've built it. The holes in the wall will get filled with stained glass images at some point.

mcshader_4.png
    Little farm darl made.

mcshader_16.png
    ever-so-slightly modified church building, also by darl.

mcshader_7.png
    the turtle farm (by birdie), not-yet-automatic, but shall one day be once birdie's australian internet stops sucking so badly. (it was playable at some point so it's not just the fact that they're over in australia)

mcshader_11.png
    from inside the spawn building

mcshader_10.png
    the automatic storage system

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice