There’s Never Ever Ever Been A Thread for VeggieTales

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by afarewelltokings, Apr 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

Veggietales was my first special interest as a really young lad and hearing that it’s being revived prompts me to get back into it

Please discuss with me

• Winner x 1
  2. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Oh, new VeggieTales! That's exciting! (I haven't had the chance to watch the trailer yet, but the bits I watched look cool.)

And the reminder about VeggieTales has got some of the songs stuck in my head. (♫ Jonah was a prophet // Ooo-Ooo // But he never really got it//♫) Gosh their songs are catchy.

• Like x 1
  3. afarewelltokings

Aw man I have like 3 copies of Jonah on VHS hanging around my parent’s house. I got really into collecting the episodes but I stopped around the age of 10 or so. Despite the fact it could be considered Christian propaganda to some, Veggietales is such a good and wholesome show.

• Agree x 2
  4. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Yeah, Veggietales is some of the best Christian media. It's, like, actually good quality as overall kids' shows go, not just with in the sphere of Christian kids' shows.

(Also, the music so catchy. I love it.)

• Agree x 4
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Tbh I still watch veggie tales from time to time. As far as Christian children's programming goes it's pretty inoffensive and didn't have some of the more toxic elements. And the comedic timing is still excellent. I will forever bust a gut at the movie "bloopers" when Bob exclaims "well, nobody was hurt!" and then the bus falls on him.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Agree x 2
  6. afarewelltokings

I still watch Veggietales when I have the time and energy to watch it

• Winner x 1
  7. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Occasionally I get prompted to do a rewatch, and it still stands up pretty well, even though I am very much not the intended audience.

(Honestly this thread is making me tempted to fight the DVD player and do a rewatch. I still really like the Jericho episode.)

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh man, I haven’t watched Veggietales in ages but I have such fond memories! Sometimes the songs still get stuck in my head...

(Also, one of my childhood rats was named after Larry. :3)

• Winner x 2
  9. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

My mom was the drama teacher at our small Christian school and at one point she did "play" just on veggietales songs. Specifically most of the songs were from A King, A Queen, And A Very Blue Berry CD....

They had the Ester movie on Netflix for the longest time. Still my favorite and I'll still watch it from time to time. Oh oh! Next favorite is the Viking one!

Also my family still references "Keep Walking" occasionally because we converse in quotes.

I stopped watching the new ones as they came out sometime around the Jonah movie. It felt like they weren't doing Bible stories anymore, just like general lessons and that made me sad because I find the Bible stories to be better (like Jericho and David and Goliath). I should probably give those a chance

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I realized the other day that the french peas yelling down from jerichos wall was either an extreme coincidence or a monty python and the holy grail reference and got a good laugh out of it.

Esther will always be my favorite, although i was also kind of upset the king kicked his wife out for not making him a sandwich at the asscrack of dawn.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh, and also rack shack and benny! One of my all time favorite bible stories mixed with my favorite produce and one of the most catchy songs in the entire series :D

• Agree x 5
  12. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Yeah, Rack Shack and Benny is one my favourites too! (Not just because of the Bunny Song :P)
    At some point I need to watch the Esther one, I don't think I ever have.

• Like x 2
  13. Acey

We still sing the New And Improved Bunny Song ALL THE TIME in my household! :D

• Winner x 2
  14. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I'm almost certain the Monty Python reference was intentional given the rest of the humor through out the series.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. Re Allyssa

My mom has definitely woken me up with "Good morning, George. How are you? I hope you're feeling fine! I'd love to stay and talk but it's almost 8 o clock and I haven't got the time!" more than once lol

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Look at the gift my YouTube recommends gave me

• Winner x 3
  17. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Holy shit they did have a show for me.

• Like x 1
  18. Re Allyssa

Cross posted from my blogette

• Winner x 5
  19. Acey

D65E8236-48DB-4A47-920A-2FC13460B1C4.jpeg
    Just gonna leave this convo with my mom here for y'all to enjoy.

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice