There Is An Impostor Among Us

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by vuatson, Sep 26, 2020.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

the spaceship murder game that has taken the world by storm! does anyone else play?

• Like x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

for anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's a cooperative multiplayer social detective game. 4-10 players are stuck on a broken spaceship together, and either one or two of them are impostors. the crewmates have to try to complete tasks to repair the ship before the impostors manage to kill everyone. they can also win the game by deducing who the impostors are and ejecting them from the airlock. it is super fun, I've spent the last few hours playing with randoms online and having a great time! it's $5 on steam! I highly recommend it!

here's a good video of some funny people playing if you're not sold yet

3. 3strim

3strim Professional Accidental Rater

I haven't played it myself but so many of my streamer friends and folks whose community I'm part of play it!

I'm planning to get it as part of a dono incentive (for a slightly higher target, I'm going to invite my psychoanalyzing ex so I can declare him sus on principle) but I might grab it earlier. You know. To learn how tasks work. Not because it looks hilarious.

• Like x 3
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

there's also a free mobile app, which lets you have 3 imposters
    I am very shit at imposting but it's a lot of fun

• Informative x 3
    • Useful x 1
  5. 3strim

Also is it just my perspective or is it more fun when you don't confirm the ejects and whittle your way from 10 to 4 while wondering if it's one or two imposters left while internally yelling at ghosts to complete their tasks?

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. 3strim

• Winner x 2
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I haven't played it like that yet, but I kinda want to try, it looks fun when the streamers do it

8. Key

Key never make a triangle

There are three different maps: spaceship, airship, and some kind of station that looks like it’s in a volcano. You can have up to three imposters for both mobile and pc, and as long as the crew members outnumber the imposters they can keep going, but if their numbers match the imposter(s) will win. Pc is $5 and mobile is free or $2 to remove ads. You can cross platform, so people who have pc can play with people who have mobile. If you don’t have a full group of friends to play with, (best option) then you can join a public lobby. (still fun but much less) My youngest brother started a discord server to gather groups of friends to play, and if anyone is interested I’ll share the link! Groups tend to start forming in the evening and some people will stick around until the wee hours aren’t so wee anymore.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  9. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I don't even play this but I'm here for the memes

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

hey I'm playing with my sibling rn, code is MTNSPQ! (north america)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  11. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

omg 2 stories :))

in one game I saw the door was locked!!! and red was behind it so I ran to the cafeteria and called for emergency and said I saw red lock the door!!! but only 1 person believed me :(( and then after the emergency it was back to tasks and then I saw red chase blue! but then red called emergency and said i was chasing red! smh the next time I was sus of red, and then red killed me :pensive:

the next game I was playing tasks and saw someone come out of security but forgot the color and there was a dead body in security! and oof but someone else called emergency and said it was cyan blue I said yeah agree I saw them come out of security everyone voted cyan and that was the imposter ;))

• Like x 1
  12. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

So, my best story:

I play on voice chat with a group of friends. We keep chat going the whole time, though we keep clues to when an emergency's been called or a body's been reported, and a ghost can't say anything related to the imposter. There's the occasional slip up and clues being figured out without being explicitly stated ("Black was talking to Blue, they were doing tasks together. Then Black died, and Blue doesn't know who did it. It was probably Blue) but we're friends from a game that has a pretty strict rule about what is and isn't allowed OOC, so we're preeeetty good about filtering.

We're playing a 2 imposter game on Polus? The big map with the lava pool. Green and I are imposters.

Green kills someone outside storage, next to one of the weather nodes. Orange just *barely* misses seeing Green, and reports the body. During the discussion Orange almost figures out it was Green, but I kick off a bout of verbal shitposting with Cyan that derails everything. As the vote closes with almost everyone skipping, Orange insists she's figured out what happened and invites me, the other imposter, at random to watch her reenact things. Green follows. Orange goes through everything she saw, standing where she found the body to go "And THAT'S what happened."

At which point I immediately stab her. Unfortunately we keep VC on the whole time, and the perfect scenario sends me into debilitating giggle fits. It goes something like this:

Someone: Laz did it.
    Someone else: Any defense?
    Me: -asthmatic giggle-wheezing for the entire two minutes-

Later Green agreed that she 100% would have done it if I hadn't. Worth it.

Then there's poor White. Three of us (myself, Blue, and White) have a horrible habit of getting imposter several times a night, often in a row, with the role staying with the three of us for very long periods of time. (It got to the point where I would throw games and push the button the moment I could on single imposter games, because fuck, rng, let someone else have a turn.)

We're playing with one imposter on Skeld, the tiny spaceship map. We have visual tasks turned on, so people can see us do important things. White, who's been imposter some eight times that night, goes into medical with all but three other players. They scan, visibly, with three people watching and one doing samples and potentially seeing. Literally half of us watched this happen. When a body's found I relay that White scanned to the whole three people who weren't there, and both White and one of the other observers confirm. White's alibi isn't great, but again 3, potentially 4 players know White's good. White discovers the next body and is the only one seen heading towards the body because the imposter vented in, killed, and vented out. Everyone insists White's the imposter, both because of the circumstances and because they've been imposter for like three games in a row. Again, there were four people in medical, three standing around watching, when White scanned. With visual tasks turned on it's literally impossible to fake a scan. I remind people of this fact, and am ignored. White is ejected, it's a single imposter game so everyone knows they were inno. I'm ejected in an emergency meeting (called by the imposter!) for the horrible crime of. Defending someone who was literally just proven innocent.

The imposter shanks the remaining survivors and wins the game. I contain my ranting to in game chat because come on guys, we all watched White scan. We all saw it. The imposter was even one of the ones who wasn't there, so the full 3-4 players were able to confirm. One did after the first report, and then ignored my reminders and sided against White after the second. And also voted me off. Despite being in the room, and not being an imposter.

• Like x 2
  13. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

2 cor 6 8.jpg

• Winner x 9
  14. Nobody's Home

lol watching imposters chase people on fast speed is a riot

playing game rn! NA server PJGKBF

• Agree x 1
  15. Nobody's Home

XD XD haha gonna note little game things XD
    so!
    - had to kick various people ghrghr some were saying slurs, some were just being weird
    - was on a call with a friend and she could hear my kill, but i was like "nooo :pleading_face: I didn't kill" Managed to lie XD and my co-imposter vetted me and I was like yeah we're together! I even ghrghr tried to frame my friend XD and SHE got voted off wahahah
    - I saw my friend kill!!! and went to report but someone else got voted out. Then my friend fucking chased me around the cafeteria and we were laughing so fucking hard and I couldn't press the stupid emergency button cause the reactor was whack, and my fingers are slippy. Finally managed to hit the button tho and said I saw blue kill :)) goodbye, bestfriend, killer
    - I LOVE fast speed, and when people come into my room theyre like, turn off speed! i'm like bro this is my house, I get to make the fucked up settings

• Like x 3
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Just played a few rounds with a real long vote timer to allow for Evidence to be Presented. Works out fine mostly, yeah? Until one player decides to hold up the vote, just repeating "brown followed, vote brown" even though they're the only one who hasn't voted yet
    leading to the entire chat (besides brown, who is still trying to refute this claim) chanting "VOTE OR GET YOTE" into chat for the last 30 seconds worth of timer
    we did yeet this player the round after brown. neither was imp. they're Just That Dense.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice