Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

This is a thread for those small annoyances that you just can't seem to shake until you tell someone about them.

My current one: The itching, oh the itching! I suppose I must have a mosquito in my room somewhere, but I don't know where. If I did I would so kill it. Because ARGH the ITCHING!

2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i've just started my antidepressants again, and today i almost cried while getting groceries because they had the sesame seed bagels i like.

weird emotions =/= fun.

• Agree x 1
  3. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

The task jamming has been especially bad today, just when I don't need it. I even had to lie down a bit with my head buried in a pillow to try to shake it off.

4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

from the files of the very mundane combined with the brainweird: I'm playing the catnip forest game, and I constantly think more time has passed than has actually passed ... makes my day seem really long...

5. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I have to return a cute t-shirt I bought (without trying it on in the store) because I assumed it would fit because I always buy my clothes a size larger than what would technically fit me. But it looks like whatever brand made the shirt subscribes to the idea that women's clothes aren't larger than children's clothes because I could barely get the shirt past my boobs. In fact it is so tight it would probably make an effective binder if I didn't hate clingy, constrictive clothing.

6. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I was going through the tag for a show I watch on tumblr and people are starting up the old "Oh, is it really necessary to romanticize these (female-coded I think tech agender?) characters?" You are right. Romanticizing characters isn't necessary. Watching tv shows isn't necessary. Existing isn't necessary. People could, would, and should do all of these things regardless. Please stop with the concern trolling and the passive aggressiveness and just let the rest of enjoy this show.

7. liminal

I'm giving myself one guess: Is it Steven Universe?

8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I have weird contrasting urges to shove food down my cake hole and a complete lack of desire to actually eat any food that currently exists. Does anyone else get in moods where they feel like they have to keep eating even if the taste/texture is unpleasant and you're literally making yourself sick for no discernible reason? Cause wow, this is very much the suck.

9. liminal

Sort of. I've always been neurotic about wasting food. I only throw out food that is so disgusting it's inedible or I am in physical pain from continuing to eat even though I passed the point of being full awhile ago.

10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

That sounds like it sucks, dude. I think my deal is that I get stuck on the idea of things being pleasant and fail to register when it has stopped actually being pleasant. I'll like a thing, and then I run that like into the ground by overindulging until it stops working, but no matter how little I enjoy it anymore a part of me still insists that I should be getting x amount of joy out of it. I think I might just be stubborn. But only about dumb, impractical things. Urgh.

11. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

12. liminal

on a related note that is still on topic I just watched the newest episode and giving away as few spoilers as humanly possible: I am very patient and don't generally care about what people do/do not ship. But it's legitimately pissing me off when other fans are pulling the "why can't they just be friends! NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ROMANTIC" card when it's two girls in a relationship. I can guarantee you if they were two guys the yaoi fangirls would go wild, and if they were a guy and a girl it would basically be 100% canon and you'd be crazy to deny it with all of the INCREDIBLY EXPLICIT coding.

I swear the only way it could have been more explicit was if they started making out.

• Like x 4
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i have a crick in my neck from sleeping wrong, it's annoying cause i cant seem to get in a sitting position where it doesn't twinge and i plan to be sitting here a while cause im trying to fix my sleep schedule >:(.

14. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

my hair keeps touching my back/shoulders/arms making me think there's something crawling on me Dx

• Like x 1
  15. albedo

albedo metasperg

Dad keeps thinking that I'm doing things to ~rebel~. No, I would definitely enjoy it more if you actually liked my hair and music too, instead of dismissing them as ~just to mess with Mom~. I'm not a five-year-old. Why does everyone have to comment every single time I get my hair cut. :E

Hmph, grouchy. Sorry.

• Like x 1
  16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

J and I had a not-very-helpful long-ass discussion about life before bed last night, which meant we both slept terribly. also I need the car today, which meant I had to drive him to work at 7.30 this morning. this means i'm really tired for several reasons, and am probably not going to get a whole lot done today. sigh.

17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I have a swelling of some sort in my cheek/lower lip. It's just getting bigger...

18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I left my headphones at home because I forgot to charge my iPod. It's never a good day when I leave my headphones at home.

• Like x 2
  19. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

1. The itching still hasn't stopped :(

2. I had a test last week. They're usually pretty quick with getting out the results, but it's been a week, and still no results :(

20. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

The inside of my mouth is kinda disintegrating and it's pretty annoying and rather painful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice