This dance floor got crowded

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by dighted, Mar 20, 2020.

1. dighted

dighted ❮ living by committee ❯

Hi. So I'm Eva.

The short of the long of it is that I'm here to try and make connections with other people who aren't going to judge me and a community that won't think I'm not real.

I was recently diagnosed with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and finally came out of denial that that's what I've been experiencing my whole life. With me are a couple of other alters, for now, since I'm still discovering myself. I won't really go into it unless asked. Not because I think it's below me, but because I don't like bogging people down with information they may not be interested in. Things are complicated and I'm still figuring it all out, but I'm excited to be here. Self-isolation has never done me any good, and this place seems like a good place to start, even while I struggle to heal. That and uh. There's no support group of any kind for people like me where I live.

I have a Discord! I'm there a lot, too.

So hello. Hello to everyone.

• Like x 4
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Hey Eva, welcome to Kintsugi! :D Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the site!

• Like x 1
  3. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

hey, welcome to kintsugi!! :)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. dighted

Thanks! And I'll ask if I need to, yeah. I'm not entirely unfamiliar with forums at all.

• Winner x 2
  5. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Hey! Welcome around, hope you and the system (if they want to use the forums too?) can find good interaction here

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. dighted

Thanks! We haven't decided entirely how to handle forum use. Part of it is I'm actually really afraid to come across as one of "those people" like from Tumblr or something. Actually, that's most of it.

• Witnessed x 2
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

If it helps, there are other people with DID/systems around here! You're in good company.

8. dighted

I'm glad there is! I know it's a validity struggle and a self-conscious thing, and I'm glad to be here because I'll be in good company. Even people why don't have systems.

I'm coming to terms that right now and possibly the rest of my life I'm just going to be living by committee. It's been hard and hard on my (extremely supportive) girlfriend, but I'm confident I'll get my footing.

• Like x 1
  9. Ana Nimus

Ana Nimus Well-Known Member

idk if you know about this, but you can make subaccounts and that way any of the committee can have their own identities here that are still part of your account

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. dighted

No, I didn't know that, actually! Thank you! We'll have a committee meeting about it again when I'm able to handle it. I want them to have as much freedom a they deserve.

• Like x 3
  11. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Welcome! And yes I'm glad Ana brought up subaccounts. Though however works for you to handle it is good.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome! nice to meet you!

• Agree x 1
  13. dighted

Thanks! It's good to be here!

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice