This Thread Is Full Of Spiders; Seriously Dude Don't Click It (A JDATE Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Beldaran, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Am I just not seeing a thread for this? If I've missed one please let me know.

Anyway, let's talk about John Dies At The End and its sequel This Book Is Full Of Spiders; Seriously Dude Don't Touch It by David Wong.

My girlfriend and I both love this series. I read JDATE as it was coming out online and still marvel at how little sense it makes. I prefer the first one to Full of Spiders. While Spiders is much more coherent, the weird ass plot, the aside stories, and the creeping body horror of the Sauce in JDATE are so good.

(Also talk Homestuck AU's to me, you'll never convince me that Hussie didn't read JDATE when it was internet famous and full of spooky gifs.)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    • Like x 2
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

YES GOOD
    GOOD BOOKS

• Agree x 2
  3. emythos

i'm fully incapable of not imagine john and dave, as, uh, john and dave
    just
    that's how they look now. can't fight it.

• Agree x 1
  4. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I'd have liked the second book infinitely more if the god damn dog hadn't died. I mean, I get it but. Molly no. Good dog, smartest friend. :c

• Agree x 3
  5. emythos

PROTECT THE DOGGO

• Agree x 2
  6. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Never followed through with it, as usual, but at one point I fully intended to write a story entitled "John, Dave, Dave and John: Locate 5th Wall."

JDatE John's classpect is Prince of Dongs and you will not convince me otherwise.

Pretty sure Molly's a Time player, probably Knight. I'm torn between Dave and Amy for Seer. At the time I read Amy as Space, but I'm not sure about that any more.

(Classpected Dave as Seer of Flesh. This was before the full range of aspects was laid out in HS canon, not sure where he'd fall limited to them... even if we kept Waste as a canon class.)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    • Like x 3
  7. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

JDATE accomplished a thing I had always longed for but never saw successfully accomplished: a genuinely funny horror novel that is also a genuinely good horror novel. Like, I've seen plenty of comedies that use tropes or horror or lampoon horror, and there are a couple movies that straddle the line pretty well, but this is something else entirely.

• Agree x 7
  8. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

I mean, the JDatE scene where "Fred Durst" talks to Dave heavily implies that Molly's the closest thing to a Korrok-equivalent force for good this fucked-up universe has. I believe she lives on elsewhere in the multiverse.

• Agree x 3
  9. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

oh hey i started relistening to the jdate audiobook

i love this book very much. i know there was a thread for this at one point but it got lost somewhere in the ether lol

• Like x 2
  10. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

That was the one I made

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  11. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

oh hey see it did exist and i wasn't crazy :V

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice