Thread tags? Interesting

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by swirlingflight, Jul 9, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

These could be used to help organize and search for threads through the forum, I'm thinking...

2. swirlingflight

I have the option to edit the tags on this thread.... I don't see a way to edit old threads to add tags to them, though. Possibly the option only appears if a tag used in the original post?

And that would be helpful; hard to say if we'll know what tags to sort a thing with until it's been in use a while.

eta: They can be added!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  3. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

huh! are these a new thing with update?

4. swirlingflight

I didn't see the option before, so I assume so! And it's def a new sort of feature, the kind of thing I'd expect from an update.

• Like x 3
  5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

the mods might be able to tag pre-update threads.

• Like x 1
  6. swirlingflight

Oh hey, yeah! If they can, then reporting the top post to say "could the tag 'tag' be added to this" would (presumably) be quick and easy. And then the op can edit to add more relevant ones, and get rid of the one that just says tag. So that's one possibility.

• Like x 1
  7. unknownanonymous

:D yep. that's a good idea.

8. swirlingflight

I'm glad to have that as a likely option.

Alas, brainbugs; I'm also doing the "but nooooo anxiety says we can't ask more things of the mods, they do too much already, is there some way to give us the ability to add them to our threads so they don't need to go through the reports?" thing.

• Like x 1
  9. unknownanonymous

well, you can ask them that first, and then if they can't do that, ask them if they can tag the threads. which might total out asking more things of them if the answer to the first question is no, but would reduce work for them if the answer is yes. and this is less urgent than getting our subs back was, so i reckon that'll put less pressure on the mods, will make it less stressful for them.

• Like x 1
  10. unknownanonymous

actually, no, i can add tags to my pre-update threads myself now. maybe you being unable to was a Your Device thing.

• Like x 1
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I can add tags to thread I started, but not to anyone elses threads.

• Like x 2
  12. swirlingflight

:O!!!!

yeah it was a my device thing; I can add tags to older posts on the computer, but not on the mobile devices. That's good enough for me! 8D

• Like x 3
  13. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

zin has been adding tags to the nwod threads to trigger warn

• Like x 1
  14. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Ooh, there's plenty of uses for this! content warnings, tags for if advice/help is wanted or not, any other important notes people want!

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice