Trolls in SPACE! And wizards too. [Tales of Arcadia]

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Void, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

LOOK ME AND @Carnivorous Moogle TALK ABOUT THIS SHOW A LOT SO I MADE A THREAD

Trollhunters is a show on netflix, it's got it's problems, but we are nerds who still see the fun bits anyways

also i need a place to shitpost about stricklander being entirely wrapped in clingfilm

• Like x 2
  2. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

STRICKLANDER IS NOW ENTIRELY WRAPPED IN CLINGFILM

topics up for discussion:

- angor rot makes a golem out of his severed dick

(it's okay he's undead and made of stone)

- trolls like looking at tv static and it's adorable

- S N O O T S

- everyone is so petty and it gives me life

- amulets out for arrgh

- STRICKLANDER IS NOW ENTIRELY WRAPPED IN CLINGF

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Like x 2
  3. Carnivorous Moogle

- a bUNCH OF THE TROLLS AND CHANGELINGS ARE HOT DON'T JUDGE M E

• Like x 1
  4. Void

it would be hypocritical to judge you on that ok

honestly. i can't judge you at all on that shit

• Like x 1
  5. Void

SSERIOUSLY THO LIKE EVERY CHARACTER IN THIS SHOW ACTS LIKE A PETTY ASS MEAN GIRL AND I LOVE IT

• Like x 2
  6. Carnivorous Moogle

GIGGLES

yfip: bular: growlsnorts, has a bumper car kitten tail, does this

• Like x 1
  7. Carnivorous Moogle

THEY ARE OH MY FUCKING GOD

EVERYONE IS SO GODDAMN SALTY AND IT'S AMAZING

HE FROZE TIME SO HE COULD SPIT IN STRICKLER'S MOUTH THAT IS DEDICATION

• Like x 3
  8. Void

trolls with the bumper car kitten tails are my favorite

honestly like, there's a lot of things i don't like about the show, but there are so many good things i do like *cough changelings cough*

please april share your meta sometime cuz i love that shit

• Like x 1
  9. Carnivorous Moogle

I FEEL IT

i really hope there's more of the low-key Always Sunny feel of some of the plotting and Good Cute Troll Designs and less filler-with-gross-humor in the next season, for one thing. pls jesus let it be

ALSO CHANGELINGS OKAY HOLY SHIT CHANGELINGS THEY HURT ME IN THE HEART

i fully headcanon that strickler/stricklander tends to get more attached to and genuinely invested in human relationships than most changelings just because a) he can be Bigger and Scarier than most of them if need be, if they get violent, and therefore they're Safe, and b) i'm going to bet that he's one of the older, higher-status changelings who doesn't really have any hope anymore that there's a way to Prove Himself to his superiors and Finally Be Loved, like the younger changelings. because if you're in their position that's gonna be pretty ingrained. he's seen where being Dedicated and Loyal to trolls gets you and he's like 'nah i'm just about done with that'

• Like x 2
  10. Void

feed me all ur headcanons

• Like x 1
  11. Carnivorous Moogle

angor rot spent at least one night crouched in the lakes' living room floor staring at the tv screen for static and test patterns. this is why he took such a long goddamn time to get around to killing jim

• Like x 2
  12. Carnivorous Moogle

also that sexual abuse of changelings in the ranks is r a m p a n t, but generally they do their best to tolerate it because they know even the ''good'' trolls would do The Same Shit but with More Dismemberment, and probably the humans would too (they extrapolate), so being Too Useful to Murder is what they figure is the best they'll get

• Like x 2
  13. Carnivorous Moogle

(also not even really a headcanon so much as just canon, but draal has the Overblown Dramatic Gravelly Voice because he is actually a dumb impulsive teenager who is Low-Key Anxious About Everything)

• Like x 2
  14. Void

FUCK

I was wondering why it took him so damn long. The True Answer is revealed. Foiled by tv static.

Man. I have feelings about the changelings. But you know that already haha. Just. Fuck.

I mean honestly I'm not even surprised, Draal sounds like an overblown dramatic teenager even with that gravelly voice

• Like x 2
  15. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

I saw this over the weekend! It's not the best thing, but I think it's a good take on, like, Gargoyles but involving humans more.

I only managed to get a few episodes in - do they ever explain what the whole "Order of Merlin" activation command on the amulet is about, or is that saved for another season?

• Like x 1
  16. Void

I don't think they've really explained that one well, they kinda wasted the whole second arc of the season on filler which is disappointing. It might be saved for another season? I have poor memory, I might rewatch the series just to like, check that again. Or at least if you watch more maybe mention it again I guess haha

Yeah, it's def not the best, but it's got some tidbits of really fun and interesting things that I just want to like. Pluck out.

• Like x 3
  17. Carnivorous Moogle

it's the 'tumblr at 4am' effect but instead of getting to sleep on time you were supposed to be killing a dude

UNETHICAL BODY HORROR EXPERIMENTS, TOO. which leads me to my next headcanon, all the changelings have some Pretty Fucked anatomy from that shit and it's one reason they don't like to use their changeling forms much. at least their human forms, generally speaking, Function and aren't given to painful malfunctions and can respond reliably to medical intervention

(there were probably a loooot more changeling babies created than... actually survived to adulthood whoops)

HE REALLY DOES DOESN'T HE

i do actually really like that that seems to be the direction they went with him even if i'm not particularly attached to him for the most part, basically everything that happens to him and how he reacts to it from about episode 6 is just 8C

also agreed with the above! it's definitely got some good, clever parts that i really enjoy and that have tipped me out of a creative slump just because Shit I Like That Let's Do It Better, but also looooord the parts that did not shine :'P

(i don't think they explained, like. anything about the armor either. they went into an annoying filler-y macguffin fetch quest to Upgrade the Armor but no actual developmentttttt)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Like x 3
  18. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

man i started watching the first episode. and then got bored. i mean it's guillermo del toro and i spotted ron perlman (because OF COURSE he's in this) but also the mc is. boring.

also of COURSE the school play was doing Romeo and Juliet. though my hope was that Spunky Hairdyed Obvious Love Interest Girl was going to be stage manager, not Juliet, because you can make me like a character 4x more if they're tech crew.

19. Void

the humans are def not anywhere near as interesting as the trolls tbh

the mc is so boringly written, beyond him being a really petty shitlord. i managed to make it past the first episode and got interested as hell when the changelings were introduced

it's def got the good tidbits here and there but there are still some not as fun parts

• Like x 2
  20. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

wait changelings? are they good ones?

changeling myths are a thing i Like, ever since I found out that they were almost certainly an excuse for brainweird kids.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice