Twilight (Or: I yell at Meyer)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by bornofthesea670, Oct 6, 2015.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Ok I don't really yell at her but I am tempted to.

Someone please tell my the gender swapped Twilight is a fake, because if it isn't she's writing a fanfic of her own novel and expecting to make money off it. Which the 50 Shades of Gray lady already did.

Please tell me published Twilight fan fiction will not be a new genre of the future.

Or at least do it with different characters, that are not "gender swapped" versions of Bella and Edward with the names changed.

Otherwise this is not original enough to bother making a new book about. Hell, even with different characters it will be questionable. At least tell me there will be a sexy werewolf Jacobina.

I need to google this to see if my shock was warranted, give me a moment. As those in the cryptid thread have seen I am gullible.

I JUST GOOGLED IT AND IT ISNT FAKE. GOD HELP US ALL.

(I'm reading it anyway and praying for a Jacobina. I rEAD ALL OF THE OTHER BOOKS AND THIS WILL NOT BE THE ONE TO BEST ME)

• Like x 1
  2. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

was never a fan of twilight, but forget genderbending- i want a ROLE swap, with bella as the shitty vampire and edward as a mopey human :v

(inb4 tumblr "GENDER BENDING IS TRANSPHOBIC")

3. bornofthesea670

I was thinking about it and what if the entire Cullen clan are the ones who come to washington and they're all human and femward seduces this poor confused but turned-on wimp-vampBella.

• Like x 3
  4. bornofthesea670

But then I realized it was just the genders that are switched :(

• Like x 1
  5. rats

YEAH BASICALLY like alright.....how u gonna do that weird monster pregnancy demon baby tho, im actually quite intrigued

• Like x 2
  6. bornofthesea670

I don't know either, which is another reason I figured it wouldn't work out that way.

Guess someone has to regular-old fanfic that scenario.

Not gonna be me, I got my own list of things to do and Twilight was never high on any of my lists.

7. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

I am actually genuinely curious if somebody has already written fanfiction based on this scenario, just for comparisons sake. I'm too lazy to sludge thru the fanfic archives for such a thing though.

8. MintyJojo

I just assumed “Edyth” would be the one to get pregnant this time

9. bornofthesea670

It's not that shameful, I remembered too. Mostly because in hindsight the reasoning was stupid as hell.

• Like x 2
  10. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

a part of me is really just hoping she just used the replace feature to swap the names and pronouns and it's otherwise exactly the same, just because it'll be hilarious to me if that is the case.

• Like x 5
  11. MintyJojo

I was under the impression that the vampire men impregnating women was also pulled out of nowhere at the last minute? Uuuh anyway the reasoning she came up with is confusing

Regardless, just because vampire women NORMALLY can't get pregnant in this universe doesn't mean the author won't pull something out as some sort of weird reasoning just for this particular case. Never underestimate the authorial ability to bullshit, no fictional biological reality will keep Renesmee from existing if Stephanie Meyer wants them to exist enough.

• Like x 1
  12. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Hopefully all the werewolves get gender-swapped too, I remember the 'only one girl in the pack' thing was bullshit. And there was some stupid reason why most women couldn't be werewolves, I can't remember what. Instead! Lady werewolves all over the place!

• Like x 5
  13. bornofthesea670

Wasn't it because women supposedly couldn't take the pain and trauma of shifting the first time?

14. rats

otoh, if all the werewolves were still dudes, that means male!Bella is in a love triangle with ladyward but also another dude which makes for an interesting thing

also tru, there was that one girl werewolf- leah i think?- but the narrative treated her SO SHITTY that's all i remember

the twilight series has always been my guilty trash books but i just remember, even when i was in deep denial of my trash favs, being super mad abt how she barely got any attention

• Like x 3
  15. rats

idk? i honestly don't remember, but if that's right, i.....never noticed that, that's spectacularly stupid

16. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I can't believe I'm actually looking at a twilight wiki, but it says that it's either due to chromosomes (being a werewolf having to do with having XY, not XX) or high testosterone levels causing shape shifting. I don't remember either one, but it's marginally better than 'women are just weak', I guess?

• Like x 1
  17. bornofthesea670

That's....definitely not what I remember. I kinda wish I still had the books so I could check.

18. rats

@Lambda that sounds more familiar :uuu still makes me mad that the one girl was treated like shit by everyone else and it was never addressed aughhh

(i mean idk what i was expecting......)

19. bornofthesea670

Okay I was thinking of Emily or whatever her name was.
    I actually don't remember Leah at all.

• Like x 1
  20. rats

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice