uh, hi

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by ray, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ray

ray 43.5 flaming chicken nuggets in a trench coat

jesus, all right, i have no idea what the tags are for or anything, but hi. i'm ray. i'm one of cedar's alters...and uh...i dunno, i'm cofronting with cedar right now, but i'm in control for the time being and i kind of want to meet people, since that's the whole reason i'm fronting.
    my full name is ray narvaez jr., i'm a factive/fictive/who the fuck knows from the same au as vav...gavin, that is. by which i mean i'm from the first au he lived in, which was the fahc au, dunno if he told yall about that but if he didn't you know now. i don't have memories of rooster teeth because it didn't exist in my world.
    uh, shit, i dunno. i like video games. all kinds. haven't had a chance to play many since i got here and my memories of the ones i used to play are fuzzy. i like...watching rooster teeth videos. or jacksepticeye's videos. uh, i like...target shooting. used to be great with a sniper rifle. doubt that skill carried over. i can't drive a car. i like...music? i guess? not super into music but stuff that's alternative, esp alternative rock, is okay. uhhhh, i like panic at the disco....i dunno. i'm bad at thinking of shit i like for this.
    i...guess that's it?
    uh, yeah. hi.

• Like x 1
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

hello! welcome to the forum!

3. ray

oh, hey. uh, thanks. it seems like a cool place. hi.

4. strictly quadrilateral

: D

it's a very cool place, and i hope you like it here.

What's your favorite panic at the disco song?

5. ray

hmmm....i think i'm gonna have to go album by album for this, because i only really have favorites per album, not really one overall favorite. so: most recent, death of a bachelor, probably either house of memories or don't threaten me with a good time, or maaaaaybe emperor's new clothes. don't threaten me with a good time probably wins out, though. next, too weird to live, too rare to die: gotta be vegas lights. then we've got vices & virtues, really liked turn off the lights as a bonus track, but from the main album songs, gotta say my favorite was sarah smiles. and then pretty. odd. hmmm...nine in the afternoon. i know it's kind of a stereotypical one for that album, but i really did like that song. alternately, northern downpour was good too. and then lastly, a fever you can't sweat out...probably nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks.

• Like x 1
  6. strictly quadrilateral

Emperor's New Clothes is one of my favorites! And other than that I can't really choose...maybe C'mon, because it's one of the first songs that I put in the playlist for the comic I'm working on. I'm really fond of it.

7. ray

c'mon is a good one, yeah. like that one too. fun and panic at the disco together is good.

• Like x 1
  8. strictly quadrilateral

you said you like video games but you haven't had a chance to play many - do you want some recommendations? i know a couple really good free ones.

9. ray

hell yeah, recommendations would be great! especially if they're free. we don't really have a ton of money, and most of the ones i've found that i wanna play so far cost money.

10. strictly quadrilateral

One of my favorites, Off, is a bit of a slog at times, but it's definitely worth playing at least once. I couldn't get through it a second time because I hate level grinding, but I barely noticed it the first time. The auto fighting is decent, just don't use it on bosses. It was originally in French but I've heard that the translation is spot on except for one line. I don't speak French, so I can't confirm this, but a lot of people have said so.

Another favorite, Ib, is a horror game set in an art museum. There are a whole bunch of endings, but it's probably easier to get one and then look up the rest. I was only ever able to get three. It's fairly short, and I only got jumpscared once (and I'm a really jumpy person).

What kind of computer do you have? I can find you download links.

11. ray

uhhh, shit, i dunno. it's a pc. it's...an acer? it's got windows 10. that's about all i know--i'm not the computer guy in this system. sorry. also, sorry if i don't answer for a while after you respond, i'm doing this thing called the mmpi-2 cause a mutual of ours did it and i got curious.

12. strictly quadrilateral

what's that?

13. ray

mmpi-2? it's a "psychometric test for measuring adult psychopathology". it assesses personality traits and psychopathology and how likely it is that you display genuine psychopathology. it's 567 questions long.

14. ray

apparently it's generally not found online? but a mutual of ours found it, and i was kinda like "what the hey why not"

15. strictly quadrilateral

makes sense. how did it go?

16. ray

well, it told me i have a severe psychopathology probably in need of treatment by a professional and that i'm highly depressed. oh, and apparently i am maladaptive in my behaviors and fight authority, and i'm a withdrawn person. and i worry obsessively. so nothing new, lmao

17. strictly quadrilateral

that's gotta suck, but it's good you know about it i guess? better than thinking you're perfect until suddenly you realize you aren't.

18. ray

the depression and the worrying obsessively suck balls, yeah, and the fighting authority and maladaptive behaviors can be troublesome, and it's shitty they're untreated, but like you said, i guess it's better to know than think i'm perfect. but i'd never think i was perfect, lmao, i know i'm far from it.
    ....hoo boy we are straying very close to the self-loathing topic here let's change the subject uhhhhhhhh what do you like to do in your spare time

19. strictly quadrilateral

: ( i'm sorry

i like to draw! and also i write a lot...i have a writing thread in the Make It So subforum, and drawings in the drawing thread. i listen to lots of podcasts...i'm subscribed to 158! i'm only caught up with a handful though.

20. ray

sweet. i cannot draw for shit. or write for shit, for that matter. i do like poetry, though. what podcasts do you listen to? or uh. any general types of podcasts you enjoy i guess

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice