Undertale OOC thread - starting up

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Aondeug, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So @Void and I were talking in the Undertale thread about being interested in rping. Which has led to this setting. Things are still shaping up, but the basic concept so far is that it will take place in the post-pacifist run surface. So everyone has survived and is living on the surface. How all this is set up and goes, and what kind of events we have we'll all have to work out together probably here.

Character wise canon and original characters are allowed. So far Asriel and Chara both have players, namely Void and I respectively. Everyone else is open. With OCs a brief description including their name, species, general appearance, and a brief bit about their personality and life will be needed. Though this info would all be helpful with the canons too, especially if your character isn't someone with an "after the story..." bit in the credits scene.

• Like x 1
  2. Aondeug

With the introduction out of the way I suppose it is time to do a brief write up type thing for my character. So I'm going to be playing Chara, or Alex as I've named them. Basically post-pacifist run Alex stuck around for a bit and began to poke at people who knew him during life to help them out with this whole "is incorporeal due to being dead" thing. If Asriel can come back then why not them too? After having sworn to Asriel that they'd try at not being a complete jerk and try to at least get along with humanity a plot to get him a new body was born. With the help of the royal scientist a robot body for Alex was made for them to inhabit. A bit like how like Mettaton has his body.

Or like how Alex takes over Frisk in the genocide route.

Adjusting to their new body Alex is rather excited to be alive again. They can do things again! Wow! While they're no longer just a being of pure determination, they're still rather cold and callous. They take a delight in poking fun at or harming others, though they're doing their damnedest to keep from alerting too much scrutiny. So no murder, obviously. Alex is still rather hateful of humanity and even of monsterkind. Still, he seems to be a cheerful and interested child to many, if a bit bratty. Really though, Alex doesn't care much about the various people they talk to with the exception of Asriel perhaps. Though even where Asriel is concerned, Alex is still a manipulative jerk much of the time. Alex is also rather guarded about his feelings with many.

• Like x 1
  3. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

I will add my bit about Asriel and Frisk later cuz they're kinda entangled together due to the shenanigans

4. Void

Frisk, being the endlessly determined and kind soul they are, just could not walk away from Asriel. In this AU, they decided that with sheer DETERMINATION, they were going to give Asriel a piece of their soul, this has resulted in Asriel being able to continue to feel and he changed his mind about staying in the Underground. Frisk and Asriel now have a somewhat codependent relationship, as they both have parts of the same soul. What hopefully will happen, is Asriel will be able to cultivate the soul piece Frisk gave him into something new. Frisk on the other hand does struggle a bit, even Determination cannot account always for the missing part of their soul, so they likely are sicker and weaker than before. Asriel is also not very strong, but is getting better. The two tend to stick close to each other, as they feel much better when nearer to each other. Physically the two probably feel their absolute best when they are touching.

Either I can play Frisk, or someone else can play Frisk and I would LOVE to work closely with them on some fun little ideas I had for how this affects the two. Because... shared soul. Come on. This could be hella fun.

If no one claims frisk, obviously I'll just use some of this myself and whatever, but someone should totally claim frisk and play with me.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Like x 3
  5. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Okay, I hadn't read this thread before because I hadn't finished the pacifist run until last night. But... is interest. And I was thinking when I clicked the thread that I'd probably end up with Napstablook because I couldn't bear to play Frisk without an Asriel. The shared soul thing makes me go oooooooooooo.

6. Void

c: yessssssssssssss join us in AU hell

7. TheSeer

Would it be a forum storytelling sort of game like Boat Trolls, or...?

8. Aondeug

I am not sure what you mean by forum storytelling sort of game?

Though I kind of assume we'll have an IC thread for things to happen. And probably paragraphs. Though it might also be fun to make use of something similar to irc for like...chat based things? Where we don't have to worry about paragraphs.

Honestly I am not sure and that is something to work out. I will say that I'm rather flexible with either paragraph or script rp, though I've come to prefer script because meeeeeeeh on paragraph writing. That and I tend to prefer things like irc or msparp. Chat client speed rp. Including with paragraphs.

9. TheSeer

I meant like, are going to be just writing what happens or are we using dice and a rules system? I'm comfortable with either but it sounded like it was going to be the first one. (It would take a brave GM/game designer to try to come up with a rules system worthy of Undertale, anyway.)

10. Aondeug

Ohhhh. If we wanted to use a system we could just use the Fate system. Simple thing that can be used for lots of stuff. I had assumed it would be systemless freeform too though. That sort of thing might be useful if certain things come up like...Combat or...something skill based though? Like if somebody was trying to jump from one roof to another or something we might institute at a simple dice rolling thing. Or I guess we could make a Fate campaign with Undertale. It might be fun figuring out what to make the skills and what they do and picking out aspects is always a blast.

• Like x 1
  11. TheSeer

I don't particularly want to use a system, I was just asking. I've had lots of fun with systemless games.

12. Aondeug

Well we'll leave Void up to that decision then. Because I am fine however we go about it so long as avoid like...DnD level of system.

Though now I do find the idea of running at least one fate campaign with Undertale amusing. Like even if that is not the main thing we end up doing.

13. Void

I reallly don't wanna do a system. I like freeform just writing stuff. It's my bread and butter. I literally run a forum dedicated to just writing roleplay with no system in place.

14. Aondeug

Then systemless it is.

• Like x 1
  15. TheSeer

*ponders*

*breaks heart in two, hands one half to Void*

*refuses to fade to black*

Let's do this thing. Claiming Frisk, character summary to come.

16. Void

Hell fucking yes.

Hell yes.

17. Aondeug

we have all the childrens yesss

• Like x 1
  18. Aondeug

we need to find a mom though

19. Void

Someone please be our goat mom so we can inevitably drive her absolutely nuts with shenanigans

• Like x 1
  20. TheSeer

So: the game is set after a pacifist run. But that wasn't the first run. Frisk doesn't remember it all, they were never the one with command over time, but they remember bits and pieces that don't match the way things really happened. Killing Toriel, being killed by Asgore, matching Undyne blow for blow. They remember hating the flower, and then hating the voice in their ear whose first suggestion was always to fight. What really happened, though (or what finally happened) is Frisk decided that no matter what, no matter how much danger they were in or how mad they were or how much someone deserved it, they weren't going to hurt anyone.

And now things are okay. Frisk can be with Asriel and Alex when they need to feel safe, or with Napstablook and Sans when they need people with no violent memories associated with them. There's a lot of work to do, helping the monsters adjust to the surface and vice versa. And Frisk gets tired a lot, especially when they're away from Asriel for too long. And humans are kind of jerks sometimes. But everyone seems mostly happy, and things are pretty much okay...

Other ideas: (only proposals, since a lot of these interact with other characters.)
    • Frisk and Asriel sleep curled up like kittens in a basket every night
    • For a human, the symptoms of having half a soul are a lot like a heart arrhythmia, getting worse the further away from Asriel they get. It's probably different for a monster, since monsters don't have blood...
    • This Frisk never did a genocide run, but they went far enough to have an idea of how bad Alex can be
    • OTOH, Alex is so much better than that now that Frisk barely even notices what other people are complaining about. (Hateful but not murderous? Actually happy about anything? Sooooo much better.)
    • Frisk actually has a bit of a temper. They're not a pacifist by nature, they're a pacifist because they're Determined to be one.
    • Very much likes having lots of friends though. Having all their enemies turn into buddies and/or family was weird but awesome.
    • I'm not sure yet what issues Frisk had that made them climb Mt. Ebott in the first place...
    Btw, are we keeping to they/them/their/themselves for Frisk and Alex? I'm sure the game used those pronouns to leave any gender open for them both. But on the other hand, that means it's certainly possible that they're both genderqueer/actually prefer those pronouns.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice