Unemployment crushing self-esteem.

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by ChelG, Feb 6, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm 26, have never held a full-time job, and have a degree which is currently worthless. (Zoology. It doesn't qualify me for practical veterinary work, there are no farms or zoos within reach, I can't drive which is necessary for most of the latter two types of jobs, and I ran crying from the building when interviewed at a medical research lab.) I worked for eighteen months two years ago and lost that job after being promised promotion because of miscommunication about what I was actually trained to do, and in the meantime have had two disastrous unpaid work-experience attempts. I am attempting to get a small business started but it's going to be impossible without a loan, going through the process for that is taking forever, and I don't think my parents approve. The damage to my self-esteem is of course making it much harder to bother with trying. I don't know what to do.

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Mods, should I move this?

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

If you want it moved you can report the thread and request it be moved to a different forum. Otherwise the mods are unlikely to notice, they get a lot of pings :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice