[URGENT] Need help finding resources to make rent...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Jove, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

The situation is this:

My wife and I have no money to make rent, let alone food. She works, but doesn't earn enough to pay rent (our rent is $729 and she makes maybe around $200 a month after taxes). I can't work due to having severe mental health issues that require I spend a crap ton of time in therapy to sort out. Every agency I've called has basically said "sorry, we can't help you because you don't have kids, neither of you are veterans/on disability/are preggo". We're struggling pretty bad and have no food/in danger of becoming homeless.

What's being done:

I'm seeking to get on temporary disability and I'm going to put up an ad on Craig's List for housecleaning to try and get income by doing that once or twice a week. Wife is trying to pick up as many shifts as possible. I'm working on getting documentation for food stamps (since they're basically saying someone has to be working 20+ hours a week).

We're kind of reaching the end of our rope. So I figured there might be people here that've faced similar situations.

Any advice/resources anyone knows of that might help us?

2. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

witnessed, i dont have any useful advice but i hope things work out :(

3. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Nah, it's okay. I mean, yeah, my situation does honestly suck, but having someone just say "witnessed" is pretty nice, since that means people read my words and send hope my way.

Update: rent situation is better-ish. Our landlord has been understanding and working with us (he had a couple of seriously expensive months and didn't want to tighten the screws on us, but them's the breaks), and our car decided to poop out on us, but that's be taken care of, thankfully. So things are looking more up than down.

• Like x 4
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Also witnessed, but no advice, sorry :( I'm glad things are looking up more

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice