Vanilla Minecraft! The Raven's Roost Server

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by NevermorePoe, Aug 30, 2016.

?

Would you like to start over on 1.12.2, or keep playing on 1.11?

1. Start Over!

2. Keep Playing on 1.11!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

This is the thread for The Raven's Roost, the vanilla minecraft server for Kintsugi. Please pm requests for whitelisting to me, and let me know if you have any problems on the server.
    Ip for the server is: RavensRoost.mcserver.ws Or 198.154.120.213:25565

Please pm me to get added to the whitelist, I'm not getting notifications for this thread lately.

[Edit:] Update complete! Please set your launcher to 1.12.2!
    [Edit: 7/14/18:] World regenerated, updated the server ip address.
    [Edit: 5/30/19:] World regenerated! Server now runs 1.14.2!
    [Edit: 5/30/19:] Added a second ip for people to try, first doesn't seem to work all the time.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like x 1
  2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Oh! Fire spread is off, so you can all build the fanciest fireplaces you want, or should be able to, i haven't tested it yet. Keep inventory is on, so you don't have to worry about losing your stuff when you die anymore, and mob griefing should also be off.
    [Edit:] Firespread is indeed off! Mob griefing is off!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    • Like x 1
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Eeeeeeeeeeeee

I have to go to sleep and check what the heck my username is right now, but I will be back.

4. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

okay i just logged in and couldn't interact with anything: couldn't open the chests, use the crafting block, or even smack a torch off the wall. couldn't go outside through the doors. weird as heck.

ETA: logged out, logged in again. anything i destroy pops back up again. i could climb a ladder but not get back down. seem to be stuck inside. bummer.

5. blue

blue hightown funk you up

if you don't have the right permissions, some servers have the spawn area untouchable by regular players by default? i don't know if that's relevant here, though, i haven't been on this server yet.

6. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

It might be prudent to add the server info to the OP, btw!

Edit: Also, why is java always a jerk of a program -3-

7. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@QuotableRaven Possibly relevant: the front of my house has been acting the way roach described. There's a three-by-six (at least, haven't checked it out thoroughly) area where I can't break or place anything - it looks as if I can but then immediately reverts to how it was before. Also my front doors won't open.

IIRC the front door of the house by the lake was like that the first time I went over there - couldn't open it.

I forgot to mention it because I haven't been working much in that area anyway but it's been a thing for at least a day or two now.

Anyway thanks for setting this up! ^^ I was on the modded server for a while because I like playing on servers with people, but then something changed and it stopped working for me and I haven't gotten around to trying to figure out what the problem is.

8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

i know whats wrong, the spawn area is too big, one moment. This will require a server restart.

• Like x 1
  9. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Okay, its back up, and that should be fixed now.

• Like x 1
  10. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

it works! i created a fancy banner for myself: brown field, black X, orange roundel. crest of the house Blattaria.

edit: i also stole a dozen torches from around spawn point and ran off with them. maybe stash some torch bundles in with the starter gear, those are important for mining!

• Like x 2
  11. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Could I be whitelisted please? I'm pyroarxon 0u0

12. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Alright!! PleiadesSeven would like to join the party :D

13. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Not sure when I'll have time to join, but could I please be white listed? I'm Astrodynamicist there as well. Thank you!

(Gosh, I haven't played vanilla in so long, I'm gonna be so awkward lol)

14. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

oh my goodness a vanilla kintsugi server! could i be whitelisted please? my IGN is hyracula

15. hyrax

i like to come into servers, find a hilly spot, and make a hobbit village. i also really like building/expanding towns and building "shops" that are 100% flavor and not actually for commerce. also, in the last server i was on i found a desert island and made a pirate town! i just love vanilla survival minecraft in general. <3

• Like x 3
  16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Will do!

Added!

Added!

Added! 1.10 is kinda wierd anyways.

Added!

That sounds fun! We could use some ideas for buildings in spawn.

• Like x 2
  17. hyrax

@QuotableRaven dooooooooo you have the server address? that's the only way i know how to join a multiplayer server, sorry!

• Like x 1
  18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@hyrax the address is TheRavensRoost.mcserver.ws - I looked for it in the other thread, but now it's here! :3

• Like x 1
  19. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Server address is TheRavensRoost.mcserver.ws - have fun! ^^

Edit: ninja'd.

• Like x 1
  20. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Thank you!

Whoa, 1.10? I think the last vanilla I played was 1.8, and modded stuff on 1.7.10. This will be even more of an adventure! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice