vent thread tagging

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

When I opened the New Posts, the new vent button was immediately eye catching, and with the current color scheme (same as post reply button) it seems in no way unpleasant. So in that respect I think it's functioning as intended.

Regarding the "what is vent" issue, I use my thread to express and track my emotions, and I appreciate the supportive responses I get there. I don't think I've ever vented about other users here (but my memory is iffy). I also use it to save interesting, entertaining, and uplifting things that I don't think belong elsewhere but help me when my depression & anxiety flare up. I put it in Holler Closet for the sake of privacy since I talk about some very personal issues in there.

I originally tagged it as a vent to warn that I would be expressing strong emotions without trying to filter them to reflect my actual beliefs about reality, just how I'm feeling in the moment.

As for brainbent/braaaaiiiins, I was super confused when I first got here (made worse by my phone not displaying any descriptions at all) but I gathered that braaaaiiiins is for discussion of brainweird, including personal experiences, while brainbent is more for expression of brainweird, for housing the results of living with brainweird. So, mostly vents and vent-like personal journal kind of threads.

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice