"Vent Threads" and the Community

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Beldaran, Aug 17, 2016.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

[​IMG]

• Like x 9
  2. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

and trying to make there be any repurcussions for void got me dogpiled

3. a small fis)(

AV im not comfortable talking to you.

4. TheMockingCrows

void was in the right, imo
    im sorry you feel you were dogpiled/that happened
    but void had every right to tell you to fuck off

eta: clarification, didn't realize half a sentence gone

• Like x 6
  5. a small fis)(

'ppl cope in different ways' is NOT an excuse for bein that straight up aggressive to someone for a small mistake in what way is that a healthy coping method for anyone involved

6. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I'm talking to cA.

7. a small fis)(

i dont see how void was ever in the right for being that violent over a small mistake because Vent Thread

8. TheMockingCrows

they were making you leave and establishing a boundary, albeit fiercely
    that's a healthy coping mechanism to me

• Like x 7
  9. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

not to mention the general rule of "you did something in your vent thread to me/about me that I don't like" isn't "I'm going to be in your vent thread to argue about this", it's "make another thread somewhere else about what happened and then give it to them so you can hash things out"
    you sort of persisted in being in Void's vent thread as opposed to making a new thread.
    like....maybe Void did overreact, but the thing is, Tumblr isn't a site with a general understanding that your blog is supposed to be your private screaming place, and it probably wouldn't work as a website if that existed, but anyway, Kintsugi is a site with a general understanding that vent threads are a private screaming place, and if you go in there and do something without asking or upset the person, they have every right to use their vent thread for exactly what it's for, which is privately screaming and expressing emotions. the fact that you were in the vent thread and they chose to directly respond instead of being passive-aggressive doesn't change that.
    also agreed with the other thing AV pointed out. which is a comment from me, not AV.

• Like x 6
  10. a small fis)(

its not healthy with how easily hurt anyone vulnerable is going to be with that violent a reaction. thats saying its okay to be as hurtful as you like as long as the other person annoyed you first

11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Problem: unless seperated into a sideblog, all of tumblr is one stream of content. Even seperated into a sideblog, if you follow both main and side blogs, it's one stream of content.

Steps to seeing tumblr posts:
    1. Hit refresh
    2. Posts

Steps to seeing posts in a vent thread:
    1. Hit refresh on the main Kintsugi forum list
    2. Click Brainbent
    (Optional) 3. Click Holler Closet
    4. Navigate to the thread in question
    5. Click Vent Thread
    6. Posts

You see the difference? And most of the vent threads have rules at the front (as well as whether its reasonable discourse or cutlery throwing) which indicate if the person is alright withh reaponses.

The biggest issue is that vent threads are threads to try and keep the explosions out of public conversational threads. They exist so that you can scream about everyone being idiots, get it out of your system, and then go back to the actual conversation in a public thread without screaming there too. Passive aggression and vaguing happen, yes, but imo that's still preferable to catfights in the FiD threads.

• Like x 13
  12. TheMockingCrows

that's also saying someone putting themselves in my face are My Responsibility when they are not, though

• Like x 4
  13. a small fis)(

if behaviour this unhealthy had happened anywhere other than a Vent Thread Uwu void would be the one getting all this not me

14. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Vent threads are places where angry things go, this has been established. I am sorry if you weren't aware of this and it resulted in you getting hurt, I really am, but we have it this way for a reason.

Also, I read what happened, they said "slap you on ignore" as in put you on ignore without hesitation, not that they would slap you, if that's what you meant by violent.

Edit for typos.

• Like x 7
  15. a small fis)(

they directly confronted me because i posted A Fish my dude

16. TheMockingCrows

can we please not do the "uwu" thing as mockery if you're trying to separate stuff from tumblr, it's coming off in poor taste

• Like x 6
  17. a small fis)(

anyway,
    if behaviour this unhealthy had happened anywhere other than a Vent Thread void would be the one getting all this not me

18. a small fis)(

(murders someone) i did it in my vent thread so,

19. TheMockingCrows

they would have been told to go to their vent thread to blow up if they needed their space to do it
    same as when others go off and it gets messy
    if they'd refused and persisted, perhaps. but thats not whats here right now

• Like x 5
  20. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Also, for reference: though I don't think that I ever get fighty enough that you want to appease me, I'd appreciate not getting cuttles at random in my vent thread. They are cute! If I am capable of doing so, sometimes I go to the cuttle channel on discord to coop down. But having one suddenly in my face when I'm in a rage is liable to remind me of the gaslighting my abuser did, which will only spiral me up higher into Full Explosion.

I don't want to call it a trigger, but it can be triggering, you know?

• Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice