"Vent Threads" and the Community

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Beldaran, Aug 17, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Alright. If we're talking about Void's thread and conduct in it, @a small fis)( , then I need to point something out to you.

This is red flags behavior. This is serious, I do not trust you, behavior.
    "You weren't nice enough to me so now I don't have to respect your boundaries."

You don't understand or don't agree with the convention that venting threads are threads where the op sets their own guidelines on who and how people are invited to post in it.

Void reacted very aggressively to your presence.

You responded by stubbornly staying where you knew you were unwelcome in order to try to hurt Void back.

You have since been vaguing, namedropping, and complaining about it. About how people are being so unkind as to think Void was in the right for being so unkind to you.

I might have agreed, if you had left the thread and complained elsewhere. I no longer do. And I am genuinely baffled by the fact that you think your hurt feelings would be more important to people than those of the op of the vent thread.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    • Like x 23
  2. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

thanks for warnin me in a polite way! void never did that and their behaviour was still absolutely unacceptable.

3. Mercury

Mercury 17 Quicksilver Scribe Tramples The Unrepentant

Yeah, no, if you intrude into someone's personal space that is specifically for yelling they don't have to be nice to you about it, especially when you continued to be rude about leaving. That is nothing like murder, what on earth.

• Like x 22
  4. a small fis)(

im gonna leave for now bc im outta spoons for this stuff but like,, im sorry if that was bad behaviour on my part sf but it was awful of them too to be that violent to a small mistake and Vent Thread is the most bizarre justification for that ive ever seen. i have every right to be angry at how they treated me and they didnt respect my boundaries or like, the presumed boundaries of most humans that i dont want to be fucking screamed at for a small mistake in the slightest either

5. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

i'd rather have someone biting me to make them leave their space than have someone forcefully remain where they were being told to leave
    at least then if i kept getting bit it would be my own fault

• Like x 9
  6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I am saying that they may have been triggered. Believe me, I have gotten violent enough while triggered that it's scared people. If I hadn't have warned you, and you'd done it, I might have gotten violent too.

• Like x 8
  7. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

@a small fis)( you don't have to read the whole thread but if you look at this just the first post, the first post is someome voicing conerns about vent threads that are very similar to your concerns right now.

like this viewpoint was not only considered when we talked about this, it was what started it.

and if you want to talk about void, be mature and talk with void. you're complaining about people being super tumblry here but you're not really acting much better.

• Like x 8
  8. a small fis)(

i still hate vent thread culture here and i absolutely cannot understand why anything that ridiculously aggressive is acceptable because My Personal Space

9. a small fis)(

i can be violent when triggered too, its an explanation not an excuse and id still apologize to anyone i hurt after.

10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Yes, you are right to be hurt that they yelled at you. Pain hurts. I'm not disputing your emotions.

I'm disputing whether they had valid reasons for their actions (I think yes) and whether you had valid reasons for your actions (I think no).

• Like x 10
  11. KingStarscream

I have thrown an axe across the yard and screamed like a loon while destroying everythinng in my path because a goddamn fence wouldn't stay upright before. Anger is very rarely rational, especially when it's combined with pain or emotional distress.

• Like x 5
  12. a small fis)(

then what am i meant to do other than be mad that i was dogpiled for complaining after someone reacted that violently over a fucking fish

13. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

so this is an abuse forum. sometimes abuse survivors were taught that they dont deserve to have boundaries.

i think throwing a fit about someome aggressively asserting boundaries is very poor form here.

• Like x 13
  14. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

look
    if you want an apology, that's within your rights to want.
    the place to ask for that apology is not:
    - their vent thread
    - any thread that isn't an argument island thread made specifically to hash this out
    they had valid reasons for their actions and people can understand where they were coming from. you can still want an apology for hurt feelings. but if you want one, you have to directly talk to them about shit in a space that is neutral, like a new thread, as opposed to their personal screaming space.

• Like x 12
  15. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

air your grievances
    be mad
    move on like everyone else

people are not always going to apologize when you want, and it sucks
    but such is life

• Like x 9
  16. a small fis)(

and if it affects others itstill requires an apology once uve calmed down tho? anger issues are an explanation for being aggressive to others not an excuse

• Like x 1
  17. KingStarscream

Give them more than 12 hours to actually calm down and reapond?

• Like x 6
  18. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

also, they are perfectly within their rights to refuse to apologize or to refuse to talk, just fyi, particularly given that you also did not behave especially well, and were I in their position, while I might be willing to offer an apology, I'd also want an apology from you.

• Like x 12
  19. a small fis)(

anyway i might make an argument island thread later idk. i have no idea what to do and im still p shocked that ppl are defending what they did

20. a small fis)(

youre all inviting me into threads to speak abt how i feel then dogpiling me as soon as i talk abt bein mad at void idk what im meant to do

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice