"Vent Threads" and the Community

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Beldaran, Aug 17, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

When we report posts, we have a text box for "report reason." Do all the mods with the ability to respond to reports have the ability to see the report reason? If so, we have the option to save a step, and say in that whether we want the post deleted or moved.

• Like x 3
  2. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Well, if the OP wants the post deleted but the intruder wants the post moved to That Could Have Gone Better for further discussion, or vice versa, then we have an issue.

Right now, if either party wants the posts moved (say, to That Could Have Gone Better) I'll move them, but if both want them deleted I'll do that.

The first priority is to remove the posts when the vent thread OP wants them gone, and the second priority is to not delete things that people don't want deleted, even if they caused a snafu. I am mindful that not everyone is going to be born knowing the vent thread guidelines, so the reaction to miss-stepping needs to be as flexible as possible.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Like x 6
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Ahh, that makes sense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice