Voldemort McTeenyHands' Roller Coaster Train Wreck

Discussion in 'Up the People' started by kmoss, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Verily

Verily invests her cash in stock in Cyber Disney

Friend again: They drive around the problem, that's why the gas is subsidized.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 2
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Lots of swearing

• Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 2
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Spite.

• Agree x 11
    • Witnessed x 3
  4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm literally Mulder.

Lots of laying on the horn.

Edit: also no turn signals ever, we crash like men!!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  5. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I don'T feel consoled

I, too, would like to know that.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 1
  6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

caveat abt florida roads: decent in tourist areas but liable to be consumed by a sinkhole at literally any second

• Witnessed x 4
  7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

"Liable to be consumed by a sinkhole at any moment" is pretty much all of Florida though, the roads aren't special. That's what we get for having such a handy aquifer!

• Informative x 5
    • Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

We've got some of that too since we're on limestone, though nowhere as bad as Florida. Plus when I was in elementary school they had to rope off the track attached to the playground out back because it turned out it was on top of a branch of a 100-year-old abandoned coal mine and nobody realized until the roof started caving in.

• Witnessed x 8
    • Informative x 1
  9. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, my old high school was also likely to be consumed by a sinkhole at any given moment. They built it on top of an abandoned mineshaft, and those tend to collapse after a while, which would cause the ground to shift, and there we all go, I guess.

They bought a (supposedly) stable plot of land to put a new high school on. Unfortunately that exhausted their budget so they couldn't actually BUILD the new school, but, you know. It's the thought.

And honestly the high school was better constructed than my middle school. The top floor of that building had been condemned for years and was off limits. When the floors shifted, the lockers would shift awkwardly, and the metal doors would get stuck. I have a distinct memory of walking by a maintenance worker beating a locker door in with a crowbar one day.

• Witnessed x 13
  10. Verily

I've been learning on a coal mine, going down down down, leaning on a coal mine, oop! about to slip down~~~

Alternately, Devo:

• Agree x 3
  11. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

People have been talking in my political circles about the triumph of Democrat Margaret Good in a contested and Trump-friendly area over in what I believe to be Florida. While I'm glad for her victory, the thing that keeps sticking out to me is that her opponent was named James Buchanan.

This year wasn't bad enough already, now the OTHER terrible Presidents are traveling through time itself to wreck it more.

• Winner x 17
    • Witnessed x 3
  12. Verily

A time-hopping crew of infamous historical figures gathers to enact their bogus policies. Can our two most excellent heroes stop this heinous plot? No way! This problem goes far too deep for Bill and Ted. That’s why they’ve traveled with their families and band members to the happiest place on earth, to soak in some inspiration before Wyld Stallyn’s much anticipated superbowl halftime performance. With the help of a righteous collection of theme park employees and the lessons of history, they have 24 hours to put on a show that will electrify the electorate, rock the political parties, and put the Hall of Presidents back in order. Bill and Ted’s Unprecedented Victory: accept no holograms.

• Winner x 18
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  13. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

14. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

• Informative x 12
  15. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Okay, but having driven in Florida and driven in Boston.... At least Florida has less potholes on average because it doesn't have to deal with the freezing water problem x.X I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY POTHOLES

Also I don't know why, but like. Half the lane lines around here aren't even drawn. Is this a one lane street with parking or a two lane street? Who the fuck knows! Oh and this definitely two lan now it's suddenly definitely a one lane with no signage or anything to indicate that this was happening.

Also people complain about Florida drivers but Bostonians are fucking assholes.

Long story short, I miss driving in Florida.

• Witnessed x 9
    • Agree x 1
  16. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Massachusetts drivers are terrifying.

• Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 2
  17. Verily

My mom calls it the magical mystery lane. They’re usually pretty well marked around here but the right one tends to phase in and out of existence without much warning, and occasionally the left will suddenly join in the fun.

Fluctuations about the freezing point are absolute hell on the roads. It looks like something is trying to eat them.

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 2
  18. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I miss living in Boston; I do not miss driving in Boston.

My favorite roads are the roads that are only big enough for one-way traffic but don't mark which way.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 3
  19. Azurite

Azurite Just Floating

A local Trenton favorite: one way roads, that change direction based on time of day.

No escape.

• Witnessed x 11
    • Agree x 2
  20. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

holy shit what

• Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice