Voldemort McTeenyHands' Roller Coaster Train Wreck

Discussion in 'Up the People' started by kmoss, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

The pee tape might not be real but god does Trump act like it is.

I suspect we might be entering the endgame of the investigation. From the sounds of it the New York AG has enough evidence on Cohen to put him away for decades based on their willingness to raid the office of an attorney, and if Cohen cracks under pressure he can almost certainly cough up something incriminating on Trump. At which point we get to find out if Presidential immunity is, in fact, a thing.

• Informative x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  2. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

The United States, France, and the United Kingdom have begun missile attacks on Syrian chemical weapon production facilities. Russia's been buddied up to Syria and warned Trump not to go after them.

Naturally, he went after them.

I'm talking out my ass here, but my bets are hedged on this being Bolton's work. Trump just put him up into his position and Bolton, as I mentioned upthread somewhere, is a warmongerer who hates the fuck out of basically any country that you could wave your hand at and call the Middle East if you squint hard enough. He's wanted to attack Syria, Iran, North Korea, and basically everywhere that's even slightly morally questionable for years now.

Right now the game is on awaiting Russia's response. They're probably not going to be asinine and counterattack another superpower directly, so don't think this is the immediate start of all-out war or anything. Proxies like Syria are usually what gets damaged in shows of force like this.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Witnessed x 11
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

....once again, I feel like maybe I should find a new country to live in.

• Agree x 2
  4. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

Part of it could be something prodding at his shriveled sense of empathy. IIRC, the reports are that that's what caused him to launch a missile strike on Syria the last time this happened in spite of Russian disapproval; he was shown images of the victims and got enraged and felt the need to hit something. It seems to be the main point where his opinions actually diverge from sycophantic adoration of Putin.

• Informative x 9
    • Agree x 1
  5. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

Not that you should ever tune into Alex Jones' show, but he's literally crying on air tonight about how much Trump's fucking up. Admittedly this is all in the same breath as saying Trump hadn't been a piece of crap from the get-go, but if InfoWars starts going against Trump then that'll split the nutjobs considerably.

https://twitter.com/TheAPJournalist/status/984993131916652544

• Informative x 12
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

upload_2018-4-14_10-47-53.png

• Winner x 9
  7. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

• Witnessed x 11
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

..........What a fucknugget

• Agree x 11
  9. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

This is without doubt one of the most sadistic, cynical names they could have chosen for this. Like. The sheer gall of attempting to pass this off as anything but an attempt to push poor people entire out of the system, willing and eagerly accepting that this will kill people, by the truckload, and then DARING to call that 'promoting opportunity' has my blood absolutely boiling. How dare anyone do that in real life. I've seen fictional villains who would have shied away from being quite that much of a scumbag and yet here we are and I am ready to fight the entire system with a frozen tuna.

• Agree x 20
  10. chaoticArbiter

......it's always nice to see my country trying to kill me and most of the people I care about.

• Witnessed x 11
    • Agree x 4
  11. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

*scream of despair*

• Agree x 8
  12. chaoticArbiter

also uh, so like, this....doesn't affect people who are legally disabled, right? like this won't affect people on SSI/disability of other forms
    for now, at least
    right?
    sorry I just. hgh. I....mmmm. anxiety. bad.
    I'm waiting for them to come for SSI. it has to happen at some point. what will I do then? die, probably.

• Witnessed x 12
  13. Acey

Acey draw the line dividing laugh and scream

I’m fucking terrified.

My mom is saying it won’t happen but she’s lying to try and make me not-scared, I know it. I’m going to DIE.

• Witnessed x 12
  14. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

#makeamericasellapplesagain

• Witnessed x 1
  15. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

Fuck

• Agree x 4
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

What is the refrance?

17. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

In the Great Depression there were a zillion people out of work and no safety net. It became fairly common for unemployed people to try to make money by selling apples in the street or door to door.

• Informative x 7
  18. chaoticArbiter

me, staring at my new bag of apples: but....but I want to EAT them, not SELL them.....
    my joke is just that I really, REALLY like apples.
    but also, that is super depressing as a concept, selling apples because there's like, nothing else you can really do.

• Agree x 2
  19. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

people in a lot of places still sell fruit on street corners or at stop lights but the kicker is that a lot of places, the cops will come and make them stop :'D so that won't work in a lot of places, even.

• Informative x 6
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

upload_2018-4-16_21-12-37.png
    Things Continueth.

• Witnessed x 5
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice