Voldemort McTeenyHands' Roller Coaster Train Wreck

Discussion in 'Up the People' started by kmoss, Sep 26, 2016.

1. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Don't worry about what Giuliani says. He's a punchline. All he's going to do is look stupid on television, and the consequences are we laugh at him. That lawsuit won't happen, partly because if it did happen it would be instantly dismissed.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

I find it super useful to remind myself that this Is a marathon
    we can support good candidates, we can take a look at how we can Get Trump Out of office, we can have seventy different contingency plans

but also, I know in marathons (have never run one, I actually know nothing) you Have to take breaks, you have to get some water so that you can get through it

so! stuff is changing, SOME of it is stuff that we can help with, but a lot of it is going to be about who is standing when the dust settles here

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
  3. hyrax

hyrax had a handle on my life, but i broke it

yeaaaaaaahhhh, the right's claim to be free speech defenders has been really shown to be bullshit lately. "blah blah blah marketplace of ideas!" "ok, well, the marketplace decided your ideas suck, so" "OMG CONSERVATIVE IDEAS ARE BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!!1!"

but really, conservatives have had vendettas against the "liberal bias" of universities since... well, as long as i was paying attention to politics, anyway, and them claiming to be in favor of "academic freedom" has always been laughable. as Popehat put it,
    Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 1.10.13 PM.png

• Agree x 11
  4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

The thing about the "liberal bias" of academia is that in some cases, that's another way of saying "there is strong consensus among people who actually studied this field that one side is right and the other is wrong". Yes, academics are overwhelmingly pro-vaccine and likely to believe that evolution and climate change are real.

• Agree x 12
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Speaking of the marathon and stuff we can help with, I bring this up occasionally but if anyone wants to help out their local political types, I work for a political type and can pass on some general advice on volunteering and campaigns if anybody wants it.

• Useful x 4
    • Like x 2
  6. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Relevant to stuff upthread, I think, with regard to a witness in the investigation being arrested.

upload_2019-6-4_14-45-32.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Witnessed x 11
    • Informative x 1
  7. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

uh, maybe attach a warning to that spoiler mayhaps? Thaat was very out of the blue

8. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Fix't.

• Like x 3
  9. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm literally Mulder.

• Informative x 3
    • Witnessed x 3
  10. hyrax

woooooow, i just learned that Trump (and Mike Pompeo) used the national emergency bullshit as an excuse to sell weapons and nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia. multiple times, including 16 days after Jamal Khashoggi was murdered. and now a BIPARTISAN group of Senators is trying to block the sales (which were agreed to but i guess haven't been carried out yet?) by forcing a vote on each proposed sale. 3 democrats and 3 republicans... including Lindsay Graham! Graham says he expects “strong bipartisan support."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/04/us/politics/senate-trump-saudi-arabia.html

• Informative x 13
  11. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

In this context, Lindsey Graham is strong bi-partisan support.

• Agree x 6
    • Informative x 2
  12. Verily

Verily a very ineffective hitman

For fuck’s sake. I don’t even particularly want to go to Cuba, but do we really have to do this again? It worked so well the last time. :P

• Agree x 11
  13. hyrax

god yeah i was reading about it like "wait why do we care about cuba? we don't care about cuba anymore. why are-- oh. it's about venezuela, isn't it."

it is, indeed, about venezuela. because trump just has to have an unnecessary intervention in south america to call his own.

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 1
  14. Verily

Verily a very ineffective hitman

YIKES

• Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Worst timeline worst timeline worst timeline

• Agree x 9
    • Witnessed x 2
  16. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

*deep Latin American sigh*

• Witnessed x 15
  17. Wormwitch

• Informative x 6
  18. fowlJ

fowlJ Member

[​IMG]

• Agree x 10
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. Wormwitch

• Agree x 5
    • Informative x 5
  20. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

She must just really love bullshitting to have stayed this long.

• Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice