Voldemort McTeenyHands' Roller Coaster Train Wreck

Discussion in 'Up the People' started by kmoss, Sep 26, 2016.

1. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

The vast majority of Christian Zionists don't give a shit about Jews, they're just racists with colonial fantasies.

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 2
  2. Izevel

Izevel capuchin hacker fucker

I mean, yes, they are anti-Palestinian, but they're also specifically pro-Israel because of the evangelical Christian belief that the Jews need to be returned to Israel in order for Jesus to come back (at which point we'll all burn in hell anyway).

In other words, they're in favour of Jews being gathered together in a nation-state in the Middle East for the benefit of Christians. They're not actually interested in our well-being. That is how they're pro-Israel and anti-Semitic.

• Agree x 9
    • Informative x 1
  3. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Remember this? I do.

Because, of course, he did the thing. (Or wanted to, anyways)
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/politics/donald-trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes/index.html

• Informative x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Why is he Like That

• Agree x 15
  5. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

• Witnessed x 9
  6. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

This is so stupid. He drew it with a fucking sharpie and it's obviously wrong, anyone with an ounce of sense can look at it an go "why would the possibility narrow there?"

• Agree x 3
  7. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

It might be to distract from the classified satellite imagery he tweeted. Apparently that was enough for some satellite nerds to figure out exactly which satellite it was.

As always, remember that the President of the United States is the ultimate arbiter of what US Government information is and is not classified.

Also there are some people who think that this was a deliberate ploy orchestrated by cooler heads than Trump, pointing out the remarkably articulate text of the tweet.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Agree x 1
  8. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Goddammit

• Agree x 3
  9. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

I was considering posting about the satellite, but honestly, It's hardly something worth getting upset over, and clearly deliberate (they redacted portions of the image) so... shrug?

10. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i kind of doubt that Trump is deliberately trying to distract from the satellite gaffe, because normally when he does that he shoots his mouth off with some inflammatory racist nonsense. with the Alabama thing, it's been days and he's still digging around trying to prove that he was right.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.23.16 AM.png

full thread:
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1169745754266767360

i genuinely think he just cannot accept that he's factually wrong about anything, ever. as this very good Washington Post article points out, doing so would be acknowledging that objective facts exist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...times-officials-tried-fabricate-trumps-truth/

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I thought we had stopped the 'angry toddler with national power' thing back when we ditched absolutism.

• Agree x 3
  12. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

yeah but that's bad for authoritarians

13. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Alabama was only ever at risk for a tropical storm, and only parts of it. Baltimore currently has more threat of tropical storm than Alabama did. And here, an hour north of Baltimore, the great impacts of Dorian are: today's high is 71 (rather than the mid-80s), it's overcast, some rain is due later.

Such danger. We will need so many presidential paper towels.

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Bolton is out! No idea how that's going to pan out, because he'll probably find a sycophantic and dangerous replacement

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
  15. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

It will be hard to find a new national security advisor more determined to start a nuclear war than Bolton.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
  16. hyrax

as Stephen Colbert put it, a stupid president saved us from a smart warmonger

• Winner x 3
  17. hyrax

basically this is one departure i'm on board with, even though he probably resigned over not getting to nuke North Korea or something, because John Bolton was terrible his entire career and i don't want him anywhere near power.

which is why it's HIGH-LARIOUS that Tucker Carlson called him "a man of the left."
    [​IMG]
    you're not even trying to pretend you're not a propagandist these days, huh Tucks.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:51 PM
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  18. jacktrash

jacktrash absentee sperglord

fox news is always weirder than i thought it was. and every time i adjust my expectations, they take another step into the twilight zone.

i love how colbert always hangs up his imaginary phone. a tidy man.

• Agree x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice