Voldemort McTeenyHands' Roller Coaster Train Wreck

Discussion in 'Up the People' started by kmoss, Sep 26, 2016.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

i feel like this is approaching the point of 'annoying the judge so much you're actively hurting your case even if your case wasn't already this fucking horrid'

• Agree x 8
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

... I don't get this at all, but like, also, I think consensus is that Nixon was, in fact, a crook, and that his impeachment was a result of him actually doing bad things, and I think it says something that they've gotten far enough out of sync with, like, most of the rest of the country that they have forgotten this.

Cool trivia point: Historically, Republicans in general believed that Nixon did, in fact, do some fairly bad things that were entirely inappropriate for the President to do.

• Agree x 11
  3. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Speaking of crooks.
    upload_2019-10-8_23-6-22.png

• Informative x 8
    • Witnessed x 2
  4. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

holy shit

• Agree x 11
  5. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

You could say "this is nothing like Nixon, it's just a bunch of partisan politicians tossing out allegations and hoping something will stick" but no, you just barrel roll straight into "Nixon shouldn't have been impeached."

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Agree x 13
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

this all begins to make perfect sense once you accept that trump and his boys are, in fact, fully fascist, and do not believe that Authority should be subject to oversight at all. they don't believe it's possible for Authority to do wrong, because by definition whatever Authority does is right. they want the US to be a dictatorship, with trump as dictator-for-life, and his cronies almost as immune to criticism.

that is the draw of his faction for rich white men: if you're one of the Elite, the law simply does not apply to you. you can do whatever you want. you can throw your rivals in jail and take their property. you can fuck any woman -- or little girl -- and anyone who tries to stop you or arrest you disappears. that's their shangri-la.

fortunately for the rest of us, they chose a big dumb spoiled baby as their leader, and he isn't capable of grasping the fact that simply because he can get away with anything as a private citizen doesn't mean the legislative and judicial houses of the US government are as powerless as whoever was supposed to teach him about "no" when he was small enough they could've made it stick.

i... really hate that guy.

• Agree x 18
  7. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

:tldr:
    Dicktater.jpg

• Winner x 16
    • Informative x 3
  8. seebs

I'm impressed that a few Republicans in Congress have found enough spine to condemn betraying the Kurds like that, but I've figured out a way to make them okay with it. Just have someone claim that it's potentially impeachable, and they'll immediately point out that (1) no one has any evidence that Trump has ordered or would even tolerate a withdrawal, (2) furthermore they deserved it, (3) we have never had any kind of obligation to these people.

• Witnessed x 8
  9. Snitchanon

upload_2019-10-9_15-25-50.png
    HUNT THEM WIRCHES.

• Witnessed x 7
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Hunt Wirches Not Witches.

• Agree x 8
  11. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Trump would really like to find out who these whistle blowers are and punish them (for following a legal process set up by Congress) because, I guess, he doesn't approve of witch hunts?

• Agree x 4
  12. Snitchanon

Impeachment.fyi:

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 5
  13. seebs

Meanwhile he's trying to screw Minneapolis out of a lot of money by making them pay for his security so he can do campaign rallies.

• Witnessed x 11
  14. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

I suppose the city doesn't have the option of telling him that they don't want him there anyway so he can either fund his own party or stay home?

• Agree x 3
  15. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

We already told him we didn’t want him here. The mayor made a statement even.

I guess it didn’t work?

• Witnessed x 8
  16. Snitchanon

upload_2019-10-9_22-55-13.png

• Witnessed x 10
  17. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

that doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about history to dispute it

• Agree x 3
  18. seebs

Apparently he may have gotten that from some random blogger who was, until moments ago, vehemently opposed to abandoning the Kurds because that was the kind of gutless, untrustworthy, thing he hated the Democrats for doing.

• Informative x 5
  19. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

the mayor not only made a statement, he's been clapping back on twitter -- he legit texted "yawn." at him. i'm so pleased.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.29.18 PM.png

• Winner x 12
    • Like x 1
  20. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

i always wonder whether these people are deliberately lying or if they actually have no long-term memory

• Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice